Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats where the big money needs to go

We've had horrible luck with injury at center midfield mate, im in two minds whether we need to go into a market for one, if Schneiderlin leaves, we have JPG, Gomes, Davies and Delph, is that enough to be going on with. Maybe we are a bit short in an anchor role.

I would be a big fan of Ndidi at Leicester, he would be a very good signing not that we could get him though, he will go on to one of the CL clubs. Its no accident Leicester have tanked a bit during his injury.

Last edited:
We've had horrible luck with injury at centre misfiled, im in two minds whether we need to go into a market for one, if Scnderlin leaves, we have JPG, Gomes, Davies and Delph, is that enough to be going on with. Maybe we are a bit short in an anchor role.

I would be a big fan of Ndidi at Leicester, he would be a very good signing not that we could get him though, he will go on to one of the CL clubs.
If we are playing 4-4-2 I think Carlo will want a NO 10 and none of our current players fill that role
Delph could play as a defensive mid but I would prefer JPG and A.N.OTHER

Right winger - #1 priority for me.
CM.
LB - Gibson back up possibly?
I can't see us going big on a striker with Richarlison being played there and DCL hitting a bit of form maybe a Giroud type who'll be cheap as buttons we can just lob on to win knockdowns etc.
CB will be a funny one as well will we look to the academy or sign a cheapo or someone talented for 10-20m, It's gonna be a tricky one.

If we are playing 4-4-2 I think Carlo will want a NO 10 and none of our current players fill that role
Delph could play as a defensive mid but I would prefer JPG and A.N.OTHER

I dont know mate, i think Carlo is a pragmatist, i think he likes to play very direct, certainly with us, i see him playing with two strikers in a 4-4-2. Im wondering where a 10 fits into to that, playing just off a striker? A hybrid, 4-2-3-1? Im not so sure thats the way we will go, im guessing though of course.

I agree on Delph, thus far, we are stuck with hm though. I think Silva had an idea to play a 4-3-3 which is why we have big numbers in the center if not high on quality.

I dont know mate, i think Carlo is a pragmatist, i think he likes to play very direct, certainly with us, i see him playing with two strikers in a 4-4-2. Im wondering where a 10 fits into to that, playing just off a striker? A hybrid, 4-2-3-1? Im not so sure thats the way we will go, im guessing though of course.

I agree on Delph, thus far, we are stuck with hm though. I think Silva had an idea to play a 4-3-3 whish is why we have big numbers in the center of not high on quality.
I am not sure either
The old 4-4-2 that I played and coached had 2 strikers one of which was a "clever " striker like Daglish or Jones at Leeds and an out and out goalscorer
The 2 midfielders were one DM like Bremner or Souness and a more attack minded player like Giles or Whelan with 2 pacey Chalk on their boots wingers
I am not sure that system is in vouge now with stuff like inverted wingers false nines and all that crap lol

I'm reasonably excited. With a good end to the season lead by Ancelotti we should, in theory, be able to attract some quality players this summer.

I am not sure either
The old 4-4-2 that I played and coached had 2 strikers one of which was a "clever " striker like Daglish or Jones at Leeds and an out and out goalscorer
The 2 midfielders were one DM like Bremner or Souness and a more attack minded player like Giles or Whelan with 2 pacey Chalk on their boots wingers
I am not sure that system is in vouge now with stuff like inverted wingers false nines and all that crap lol

I think there is joy in a 4-4-2 as its not in vogue there is something to be gotten in the directness of it, that how i played and coached to mate.

For our squad i think if you buy a no 10 you forget about a fourth striker, and essentially the 10 becomes the 4th forward, playing off the forward if you catch my drift.

We have the skillful Giles, in say Gomes. But we dont have that destroyer like Bremner, maybe thats unfair JPG, but we just haven't seen him.

We also need to look at what we have and can we develop it, Iwobi, he could be anything and nothing, a 10 (that 4th attacker) a winger, hes very raw. Then we have young Gordon.

The window is a mere few months away...
To be fair, I have actually seen a Christmas advert or two, so maybe I'm wrong. Just seems a lot to potentially fume over still this season, before we all start fuming about summer transfers. I'll bow gracefully (I hope) out of this thread now.

I thnk we are looking to player trade lads so here is how i see it, the following players i think will leave this summer unless they are offered a new contract and one will look to strengthen.:

Outs:

Gylfi will leave unless he signs a new deal, 20-30 mill

Tosun could leave hopefully to Palace for 20 mill.

Schneiderlin will leave unless he signs a new deal for 10 -15 mill

Walcott will leave unless he signs a new deal for 10 -15 mill.

Any thing else we can get for youth players and the Besics, Boalase's and Sandros of this world is a bonus.

Ins:

Do we need a number 10, if we are playing 4-4-2?

Do we need a replacement for Tosun with DCL, Richarlison and Kean?

We could do with another body in midifeild. Maybe we dont if Gomes and JPG are fit.

We could do with another body at center half.

We could do with another body at right midfield.

We might need another body at left back if Baines does not sign a new deal.

We have a decision to make on Sibide, do we sign him and player trade him for Kenny or keep Kenny?

So potentially, we need a center midfielder, center half, right winger and decisions to be made at left back and right back.

Thats how i see it at the moment.
Be lucky to pull those numbers for sales.

Be lucky to pull those numbers for sales.

Agree. There is also the issue that nobody will match their wages.

I wonder how things work when a player is sold to a team paying lesser wages? Is the selling team obliged to pay the remainder of player's contract, or at least make up the difference between the two wages?

Nobody is going to pay Siggy circa 100k a week. Someone might be willing to pay 50k a week though, and a transfer fee between 15 - 20 million? We'd have to continue making a contribution to the players wages in such a scenario, but I think we'd be better off than just keeping a useless Siggy.

Even in just a few weeks since the departure of MS the assessment of the squad has changed quite a bit.

It would appear that now we have a core of players that should form the backbone of the team next season :
Pickford, Digne,Minna, Holgate,Richarlison and DCL would appear to have all cemented their places. Gomes and hopefully Gbamin will also be in this group

There is an additional group then who all have a future and have impressed to greater or lesser degrees :
Kean, Iwobi, Davies,Bernard, Gordon.

There are older players who may remain in the squad but not as first choice on a regular basis and some could be sold for the right price , Walcott, Sigurdsson, Keane or released to save wages ,Schneiderlin.

I am not sure either
We'll have to get in some jumpers. You know, for goalposts. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.