Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there’s a few we could definitely buy for cheap, ( under 20mil) others linked like Wendel, sangare And koopminers. Them 3 would be a bit of a gamble. And maybe buying Allan to go with one of them wouldn’t be a bad thing.

But Højbjerg has the prem experience and seems to be improving every season. The problem is his price won’t come down till right at the end of the window if he refuses to sign a new deal. So that would maybe alert spurs, maybe even Arsenal who apparently are looking at the midfield area.
Catch 22 I suppose.
Wendel is a no go due to work permit issues apparently, read a thing a few days back that said we would struggle to get one for him.

I think there’s a few we could definitely buy for cheap, ( under 20mil) others linked like Wendel, sangare And koopminers. Them 3 would be a bit of a gamble. And maybe buying Allan to go with one of them wouldn’t be a bad thing.

But Højbjerg has the prem experience and seems to be improving every season. The problem is his price won’t come down till right at the end of the window if he refuses to sign a new deal. So that would maybe alert spurs, maybe even Arsenal who apparently are looking at the midfield area.
Catch 22 I suppose.

They say Sangare isnt technically good enough and they arent interested

Let's see...the Champions League winning and otherwise ultra-successful manager we call Carlo seems to want Allan. However, some randos on the internet are against it.

I'm torn.
Does the CL winning manager want Allan as part of us getting steadily better or does he want him to try and win now even if the rest of the team isn't ready?

I think it is a fair question to ask.

Also fair is does signing Allan fit in with what Brands wants to do or is it a case of Moshiri again giving a manager power to undermine the DOF?

This would be a bad thing to do.

Does the CL winning manager want Allan as part of us getting steadily better or does he want him to try and win now even if the rest of the team isn't ready?

Also fair is does signing Allan fit in with what Brands wants to do or is it a case of Moshiri again giving a manager power to undermine the DOF?

I dont even think we are interested in this Allan fella.

Brands can do one.

Wanted to keep a perennial loser in Silva in a job and pished over £115 million on tosh in the summer just gone.

If the owners have any sense they'll give Ancelotti whatever he wants and if Brands doesnt like it he can go back to the Dutch SPL.

Brands can do one.

Wanted to keep a perennial loser in Silva in a job and pished over £115 million on tosh in the summer just gone.

If the owners have any sense they'll give Ancleotti whatever he wants and if Brands doesnt like it he can go back to the Dutch SPL.
I mean can you show your work here? Because Brands was hired within a week of Silva so it is hard to say he had a hand in the original hiring and he binned him about as quickly as it made sense too.

I dont even think we are interested in this Allan fella.
I don't either really but a vast majority of the forum seems to be somewhere between actually wanting him or justifying it because "I want what Carlo wants" or something similar.

I get it, Ancelotti is a brilliant football mind, but he also hasn't built a team from mid-table to European contention in 20 years. What he has us doing on the field so far has been transformative but it doesn't mean we should do whatever he wants in the market if it sacrifices what I think was the recruitment strategy Brands was building.

I don't either really but a vast majority of the forum seems to be somewhere between actually wanting him or justifying it because "I want what Carlo wants" or something similar.

I get it, Ancelotti is a brilliant football mind, but he also hasn't built a team from mid-table to European contention in 20 years. What he has us doing on the field so far has been transformative but it doesn't mean we should do whatever he wants in the market if it sacrifices what I think was the recruitment strategy Brands was building.

I think they think he spends his evenings scouting players and not drinking wine and watching Netflix.

I think they think he spends his evenings scouting players and not drinking wine and watching Netflix.
I don't know if I'd go that far, but yes, he's managing the team day to day while Brands and the rest are doing the recruitment and scouting. They should be allowed to do their jobs.

Watched a few highlight reels of Allan today. My early impression is when he's fired up his strength, ability to go box to box and tackling ability reminds me of prime Roy Keane, also similar crisp passing - always keeping the ball moving sensibly to advanced positions. Nowhere near as vocal or aggressive but not many were!

Looks a monumental step up in his position and would instantly render the likes of Davies, Stinkerdsson, Scheißerlin, etc akin to Claus Thomsen and Mitch Ward in the hearts of Evertonians.

Yeah totally agree. If we're happy treading water around 8th for the next couple of years then Ancelotti was a dreadful appointment, both because of the cost and the fact that he has no real track record of being able to do that with a team. I think, and certainly hope, that he's been brought in because we think we need to play catch up a bit.

At what time should any club be happy to sit around 8th?

See for yourselves. Doesn't play with the constant aggression of Roy Keane but he's up for a battle when it's needed judging from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.