Summer 2020 transfer window

ValBlue

Player Valuation: £950k
Yeh same with Haller. There's just an annoying amount of hindsight used in arguments and it's silly for me. You can't bash Brands for not signing a player back before you'd even seen him play in my eyes.

Samuel Chuckwueze ;)
Pace for DAYS

TheBigIguana

Player Valuation: £70m

“Sometimes it takes time to understand exactly what he has to do. Sometimes you have to be patient. But David is going to leave this season [and] we are not going to buy any player in his position because we have Phil.
I know what he said. I'm saying I don't believe him.

chippy1722

Player Valuation: £20m
we need to buying the NEXT sarr/richy is the point, now blowing tens of millions on them now and certainly not on last minute buys in positions we don’t need (sorry Iwobi)

edit: I am aware that richy has worked out VERY well but ffp and all that is gonna snag us if we’re not careful
The difference with Richy is that he was a proven PL player, I’d take that any day than spend on foreign hopefuls, it’s what we’ve been guilty of the last few years.

riddick

The difference with Richy is that he was a proven PL player, I’d take that any day than spend on foreign hopefuls, it’s what we’ve been guilty of the last few years.
Ehhhh...

Proven is a bit of a stretch. He scored at a decent clip then was pretty anonymous at best after October. The hope was that it was he had no break for about 18 months. The league has hundreds of players who were boss for a few months then never heard from again.

ValBlue

Player Valuation: £950k
True, but when do we have to step away from the massively inflated ‘proven PL’ price tags? I’d say we’ve been guilty of this WAY more than foreign ‘punts’. Only Richy and Pickford have paid off. On the flip side, we’ve spunked loads on bolasie, Keane, sig (he did well in his first season but 45mil? Really?), walcott, Iwobi, what would have been 80mil in Zaha...
Tosun and Klassan are the only 2 I can think of that cost big money from abroad that didn’t work.
Sidibe, Digne, Gomes, Mina,Kean (the jury is out but signs are hopeful) have been relatively cheap from abroad with enough top flight experience to assume they would be fine. our best recent buys have been from the championship as have some other clubs. We need to start raiding the lower leagues effectively. Make ourselves the most attractive club for rising stars in the EPL

Zatara

Ehhhh...

Proven is a bit of a stretch. He scored at a decent clip then was pretty anonymous at best after October. The hope was that it was he had no break for about 18 months. The league has hundreds of players who were boss for a few months then never heard from again.
Youve made that up.

TheBigIguana

He scored 1 goal after October and was routinely slated by Watford fans as having no affect on the games
He was one of the most unlucky finishers in the league that season and Watford fans are snake throwing idiots.

He's actually one that is a stats success story believe it or not. The exact opposite of Sandro.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Registration is simple and free. Get involved.

Everton Mishmash
Check It Out!
Legends of Goodison Park
Order Now!
Everton Fan Media
Watch here
Support GOT
With A Subscription
Shop with Amazon
+ Support GrandOldTeam
AdBlock Detected

We understand and appreciate why you use Ad-blocking software, but we ask that you kindly consider disabling your Ad-block for GrandOldTeam. We're a fan site ran by fans, for fans. GrandOldTeam costs over £7,000 per year and we rely on our ad revenue to keep the site sustainable. We work hard to ensure our ads aren't instrusive. If you can't or don't wish to disable your Ad-block, please consider upgrading your account for the cost of a pint a month here. Thank You.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks