Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate respectfully if their team had 5 top players starting every week they wouldn't be a mid table side in Italy which is exactly the point I was making to begin with. They're overrated because it is still Milan but unfortunately their recruitment has been quite poor lately and the players just aren't that good.

Thry have a mismatched squad. They have had a crazy few years.

Its a team game.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Remember when you said we should sign Kessie.

And?

Yeah you're right we certainly overrate our players, every fanbase does, but it is weird when we overrate Milan or at a point Norwich's team given we have no reason to.

I want to assume the best about our team but the facts are probably closer to we have two top notch players in Digne and Richarlison, a few young players who could still get there like DCL, Kean and Holgate, a couple of others like Gomes and Mina who might be above average and a whole bunch of the rest who are average at absolute best. But when we play even a little well it is hard to not think maybe we are turning a corner.

I'd say Brands first summer was really good. Richarlison, Mina, Digne and Gomes figure to be long term parts of the squad. Zouma not coming back hurt but that isn't something he could have known when doing the loan and that year was worth it. Bernard is fine and on a free certainly not a negative signing even if he isn't ultimately all the way to what we needed. Last summer though is looking tough. Iwobi hasn't quite found his feet, Kean isn't getting time because of DCL's emergence, Sidibe is not quite Zouma and Gbamin is firmly TBD because of the injuries. But on the whole I trust Brands.

No one has overated Milan or Norwich teams.

They have picked out players in both teams who are quality.

Big difference.

Thry have a mismatched squad. They have had a crazy few years.

Its a team game.

And?

No one has overated Milan or Norwich teams.

They have picked out players in both teams who are quality.

Big difference.
If you're picking out half the team as quality than you are overrating them. There is not a single team below 6th in their league in Europe where signing 5 players from them would be a positive thing for us to do.

Milan have Rebic and Donnarumma. Norwich you can make a case for Buendia and maybe one or two of the young players if they weren't quoting 30m for them. But ultimately a vast majority of those players aren't good enough.

So that pretty much tells us that Zouma wasn’t the reason we were solid towards the back end of last season then doesn’t it?
I think he helped. I love Gueye and think he is a top player, but I don't think he's Jesus Christ, and at the end of the season we were keeping clean sheets with Pickford, Keane and Coleman as part of the backline. Those players have been calamities this season. So I'm inclined to believe Zouma had some level of positive impact. And as I said before as much as everyone loves Holgate now we are still leaking goals this year at a rate that didn't happen last.

But the point remains none of this means that Zouma is bad. And none of it shows that Holgate is way better.

If you're picking out half the team as quality than you are overrating them. There is not a single team below 6th in their league in Europe where signing 5 players from them would be a positive thing for us to do.

Milan have Rebic and Donnarumma. Norwich you can make a case for Buendia and maybe one or two of the young players if they weren't quoting 30m for them. But ultimately a vast majority of those teams aren't good enough.

Gosh....youve literally just ignored the other Milan players. Romagnoli for example would be at least an equally key player for us as richarlison.

Max Aarons would be undisputed right back.

I think he helped. I love Gueye and think he is a top player, but I don't think he's Jesus Christ, and at the end of the season we were keeping clean sheets with Pickford, Keane and Coleman as part of the backline. Those players have been calamities this season. So I'm inclined to believe Zouma had some level of positive impact. And as I said before as much as everyone loves Holgate now we are still leaking goals this year at a rate that didn't happen last.

But the point remains none of this means that Zouma is bad. And none of it shows that Holgate is way better.

Because theres no centre midfield and no decent right back.

Yes it did happen last year! Have you forgotten the Newcastle away game or Spurs at home already?

Gosh....youve literally just ignored the other Milan players. Romagnoli for example would be at least an equally key player for us as richarlison.

I've seen Romagnoli play for Italy and a few times for Milan and there is absolutely nothing special about him at all. Best case he'd be Jagielka like. Solid and dependable for awhile but never someone that is taking you into Europe.

Milan are closer to relegation than the CL. They just don't have many good players.

Yes it did happen last year! Have you forgotten the Newcastle away game or Spurs at home already?
That's two games!

This isn't worth going any further with. Zouma isn't coming back and I don't want him anymore anyhow. I guess Holgate is the next one we're going to go overboard with (tbh we have been since Stones was sold) while he doesn't play nearly well enough to justify it. It isn't all Sidibe and the midfield's fault.

That's two games!

This isn't worth going any further with. Zouma isn't coming back and I don't want him anymore anyhow. I guess Holgate is the next one we're going to go overboard with (tbh we have been since Stones was sold) while he doesn't play nearly well enough to justify it. It isn't all Sidibe and the midfield's fault.

Two games off the top of my head, I won’t bore everyone in the thread by bringing up every single other dodgy performance from him. Holgate has been our most improved player this season, so I for one am glad we didn’t waste £40m on a player who’s barely any better than him when we could be spending that money on an upgrade or another position.

I've seen Romagnoli play for Italy and a few times for Milan and there is absolutely nothing special about him at all. Best case he'd be Jagielka like. Solid and dependable for awhile but never someone that is taking you into Europe.

Milan are closer to relegation than the CL. They just don't have many good players.

Jesus Christ.

No he wouldnt, he looks alright, but I suspect we are gonna be looking for a player who provides a little more than 1 assist all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.