Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davies.... oh he's passed it to the opposition again... calmly won by Stones who sends Bale away down the left.... beats Robertson for pace... pulls the ball back... Van Dijk scuffs the clearance only as far as James who takes a touch and OH MY WORD BRILLIANT GOAL! JAMES! TOP RIGHT WITH A SUPRRRREEEEEEMEEEE DIPPING SHOT, IN OFF THE BAR, IT'S HIS 20TH GOAL THIS SEASON AND IT'S ONLY NOVEMBER

Whats this, James has fallen over and thats the last we see of him till next August.

Davies.... oh he's passed it to the opposition again... calmly won by Stones who sends Bale away down the left.... beats Robertson for pace... pulls the ball back... Van Dijk scuffs the clearance only as far as James who takes a touch and OH MY WORD BRILLIANT GOAL! JAMES! TOP RIGHT WITH A SUPRRRREEEEEEMEEEE DIPPING SHOT, IN OFF THE BAR, IT'S HIS 20TH GOAL THIS SEASON AND IT'S ONLY NOVEMBER

"Pickford catches the ball...and throws it down the right for Hamez on the counter...he takes the ball in his stride and BANG...from the half way line...GOOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLL HAAAAAMMMMMEEEEEZZZZZ....Allison concedes his 3rd before half time...hes in tears...weve never seen anything like it...a Liverpool football club goalkeeper conceding 3 goals to an opposition player from such distance"

Next 5 mins talking about Liverpool Football Club

"Sorry Gary have to cut you short there, its HAMEZ AGAIN WITH HIS 4TH as he runs into Ancelottis arms to celebrate with his manager , what a day this is turning into for Liverpool football club, so Gary, how do Liverpool football club turn this around"

He is mate, when fit hes a wonderful footballer.

The problem of course is that when a player is injured as much as he is hes constantly returning from injury and struggling for sharpness.

He was quality when he first came onto the scene Goat, I just think the last few years he's been one of those players who has everything but just seems too have fallen short of top, top quality. Don't get me wrong like, I would let everyone on here do my missus (and she's tasty) if we got him in.

He was quality when he first came onto the scene Goat, I just think the last few years he's been one of those players who has everything but just seems too have fallen short of top, top quality. Don't get me wrong like, I would let everyone on here do my missus (and she's tasty) if we got him in.

Oh I agree when he first on the scene I thought he would rule the world, but he hasnt.

Hes still a very, very good player, when fit, hes just never fit.

The media has been running that Bayern chose not to pay their pre agreed fee with Madrid.

Thats not the case, he asked to leave because he wanted to join a team where he would be the main man playing games.

Real stuck to their valuation and he didnt move.

Ancelotti and him have a strong relationship.

I think hes coming and i reckon Brands will get Arias off Atletico as well.

I mentioned it to Goat Zat, he is quality, but he's one of those players who you know has everything too his game, but has just never reached the heights of where he should be, maybe it's because his chosen career path wasn't the best way too go.

Ancelotti will have, I’d imagine an input into the transfers. Or what was the point in appointing him and paying him a big salary. And I’d think he will want one or two of his players.

This may have been agreed when he took the job, as I read an article by an Italian journalist, who said Ancelotti will insist on getting a player or two he wants when agreeing to take a job.

Yes in theory brands buys all young players and the coach, does his job. But it looks like Moshiri has slightly gone away from that by appointing Ancelotti. I think Ancelotti came on the market and Moshiri thought it was to good an opportunity to turn down, maybe he feels we need to push on and try and get champions league football as we move towards the new ground.

Brands is probably here for the long haul and will still buy a lot of young players, but maybe going slightly off track for a few years to support a world class manager, is not a bad think imo.
The point in appointing him is to manage the team of players that Brands buys.

If we are going to use this model of running a team than the DOF buys the players and the manager, while having input, doesn't get to overrule him. Otherwise the system is pointless and we should just fire Brands now. If Moshiri is taking Brands power away he might just leave before it gets to that anyway.

Although I really like Donnarumma I cant see Ancelotti changing keepers unless someone comes in with a big fee for Pickford which is highly unlikely. Now would be the worst time to sell as well, best to hold onto him for another season and see how he does in the euros.

At left midfield there is Bernard, Iwobi and Gordon. Do you think were going to sell 2 of them? Id say that would be unlikely.

James has played over 30 games for 10 out of 12 of the last seasons?

Mina has arguably been one of the most consistent performers this season.

If you slot in James and Gabriel theres really only RB and CM where we need first 11 players before looking at competition in the squad.
I meant league games since we won't be playing in Europe and he hasn't done that since he was at Monaco.

Yes we have left midfielders but they all stink. I'm not saying do all of this immediately, just that it will need to be done before we can actually say we are competitive.

Mina and Holgate have done alright but we're on pace to concede nearly 60 goals and as bad as the midfield is I find it hard to not question the CBs in that scenario. I genuinely don't know with either of them so I'd keep both around, but it could be we are sat here next year talking again about needing an upgrade in that spot.

If you slot James and Gabriel and the other two spots we are still talking about starting Bernard, Pickford and those one of those two CBs. I like our players but I just don't see that being anything better than 6th or 7th unless DCL and Richarlison go up another level.

The point in appointing him is to manage the team of players that Brands buys.

If we are going to use this model of running a team than the DOF buys the players and the manager, while having input, doesn't get to overrule him. Otherwise the system is pointless and we should just fire Brands now. If Moshiri is taking Brands power away he might just leave before it gets to that anyway.
maybe Brands will or maybe it’s not his only job. Ie sorting out the youth teams and the way the academy is run.

But if you think Ancelotti won’t have an input into transfers, then you’re deluded.:dodgy:

Real asked for 30m each for James and Bale last time they tried to sell them.

They wont be free and we wont be paying them 900k a week to be injured.

Depends how keen Real are to get rid at that level of fee the players will stay stuck in Madrid. Not that I want them though.

Do not want a pair of McCarthy type players.

Status
Not open for further replies.