Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
in all seriousness we will sign young players in the most.

But we will sign one proven player that’s for sure who’s close to 30, James is most realistic but Bale would be the one when fit sends us to a level we haven’t seen in years.

in all seriousness we will sign young players in the most.

But we will sign one proven player that’s for sure who’s close to 30, James is most realistic but Bale would be the one when fit sends us to a level we haven’t seen in years.
Which is why there’s no chance it’s happening for so many good reasons

I think the way to calculate this is a bit differently.

If Bale + James are on £600k and £300k a week = £900k.

Real just want them off the books so zero transfer fee.

Instead of say a £60mil transfer fee, it would equal £385k a week over 3 years.

Thats already £192,500 each in salary over 3 years.

I think we could put those amounts into performance payments and then pay £100k a week for James and £200k a week for Bale in wages.

That would cover both of them for: £60mil + £300k a week in wages.

The one thing for me would be where Bale and James would play. Would Bale go back to his olf left sided position with James on the right?

Not sure how James would do in the prem in a 442 centrally...

In situations we are in, we are going to go through major economic volatility, and volatility in football I don't think we've witnessed in a general or more. What situations like this throw up is a completely different picture in quite a short space of time.

One consequence, I find hard to not to imagine is league wide cuts in wages, at least for a season, but in truth perhaps for longer than that. In all honesty, for players it's really not the worst option as without this I think some clubs start going to the wall and there's a potential rout that starts to exist. Wages have gone up massively over the last 25 years, so some adjustment the other way, in a controlled way makes a lot of sense.

I can see 30% being a fairly standard number, but in truth the top teams may have to go additionally over that figure.

I based any opportunity we have of signing Bale, Ramsey, James or anyone else on the basis of a 50% reduction can be acquired. I think this is quite cautious again. We may be able to achieve a far greater saving through prudent bargaining and anything other than a pretty mild recession in football. But if we work to 50% (so 30% of the salary the players writing off, and 20% RM/Juventus being happy to suck up). That give sis Bale at £275k pw, James around £110 and Ramsey around £175k.

Ramsey and James are pretty feasible at those prices individually, and Bale may just about be too, if Moshiri really wanted to make a statement. However if Usmanov really wants to go for things, and FFP is behind us, who knows the possibility. The question you would be asking if you were the owner to Ancelotti would be, do you think you could get James/Bale close to where they were at Real (or Monaco)?

As for where people play, thats a secondary question to me. Ancelotti will tailor a systemto suit the players, Italian managers are very good at that, and he is expert at it. James could play down the right or left.

I mean I am being optimistic, but if Ancelotti can get the best out of those 3, plus say an Allan and Koulibaly, and we are not dealing with a season where City/Liverpool break all records, we are really in the hunt for the title.

As long as you’re the highest bidder you’ll have a good chance to get him.

If you offer to pay £125k per week toward his and it’s the best offer on the table then there’s a big possibility that could be enough.

Real just want shut, they were desperate to get him out last year but he wouldn’t entertain anything.

They’ve done a bad deal and they’re just trying to minimise how bad that is. If they got that reduced in anyway they’d be delighted.

I don’t see there being a loan fee in anyway at all

This is true. What we can also see, if the CL is cancelled, there's a massive black hole in teams above us. Italy and Spain are going to be ravaged by this pandemic. There's not a cue of clubs ready to pick up the tab. As you say, there's a figure on the table that if paid, they kind of cut their losses and accept it's not ideal but he goes.

I mention the loan fee, just because if it's FFP that is cancelled for a season, it makes sense to front load the costs, (you may even get a better deal if you are prepared to pay up front). If for example we would pay 10 million per season fee, and say 6 million wages, we package that up at 16 million per season, over 2 years, maybe secure a discount and just say we'll pay you £25million, but the wages are paid for by you.

He's out of contract then in 2022 and we re-evaluate from that point. I think you will see a lot of deals like that done.

This is true. What we can also see, if the CL is cancelled, there's a massive black hole in teams above us. Italy and Spain are going to be ravaged by this pandemic. There's not a cue of clubs ready to pick up the tab. As you say, there's a figure on the table that if paid, they kind of cut their losses and accept it's not ideal but he goes.

I mention the loan fee, just because if it's FFP that is cancelled for a season, it makes sense to front load the costs, (you may even get a better deal if you are prepared to pay up front). If for example we would pay 10 million per season fee, and say 6 million wages, we package that up at 16 million per season, over 2 years, maybe secure a discount and just say we'll pay you £25million, but the wages are paid for by you.

He's out of contract then in 2022 and we re-evaluate from that point. I think you will see a lot of deals like that done.

Wouldnt shock me to see FFP relaxed this summer - with clubs down financially what better way than to let financially doped / elite clubs give those mid table Italian/Spanish/French clubs £40-50 million for players here there and everywhere which those clubs then have money to spend on those below them in the food chain etc.

If Usmanov has foresight he'll be giving Moshiri the green light to spend £150+ million this summer whilst we can.

Wouldnt shock me to see FFP relaxed this summer - with clubs down financially what better way than to let financially doped / elite clubs give those mid table Italian/Spanish/French clubs £40-50 million for players here there and everywhere which those clubs then have money to spend on those below them in the food chain etc.

If Usmanov has foresight he'll be giving Moshiri the green light to spend £150+ million this summer whilst we can.

I think this will be allowed. The question will be whether it's suspended or ended.

Suddenly the teams that wanted to stop massive inward investment, are going to require inward investment to be sustainable.

In situations we are in, we are going to go through major economic volatility, and volatility in football I don't think we've witnessed in a general or more. What situations like this throw up is a completely different picture in quite a short space of time.

One consequence, I find hard to not to imagine is league wide cuts in wages, at least for a season, but in truth perhaps for longer than that. In all honesty, for players it's really not the worst option as without this I think some clubs start going to the wall and there's a potential rout that starts to exist. Wages have gone up massively over the last 25 years, so some adjustment the other way, in a controlled way makes a lot of sense.

I can see 30% being a fairly standard number, but in truth the top teams may have to go additionally over that figure.

I based any opportunity we have of signing Bale, Ramsey, James or anyone else on the basis of a 50% reduction can be acquired. I think this is quite cautious again. We may be able to achieve a far greater saving through prudent bargaining and anything other than a pretty mild recession in football. But if we work to 50% (so 30% of the salary the players writing off, and 20% RM/Juventus being happy to suck up). That give sis Bale at £275k pw, James around £110 and Ramsey around £175k.

Ramsey and James are pretty feasible at those prices individually, and Bale may just about be too, if Moshiri really wanted to make a statement. However if Usmanov really wants to go for things, and FFP is behind us, who knows the possibility. The question you would be asking if you were the owner to Ancelotti would be, do you think you could get James/Bale close to where they were at Real (or Monaco)?

As for where people play, thats a secondary question to me. Ancelotti will tailor a systemto suit the players, Italian managers are very good at that, and he is expert at it. James could play down the right or left.

I mean I am being optimistic, but if Ancelotti can get the best out of those 3, plus say an Allan and Koulibaly, and we are not dealing with a season where City/Liverpool break all records, we are really in the hunt for the title.

For me that is OTT. Swerve all of them.

Not sure where to put this but The Athletic have a 90 day free trial at the moment. I have just signed up and cancelled the auto subscription straight away.

Seen a few decent looking articles and they have a few quailty journos too so im going to give it a try (the previous 7 day trial didnt convince me).

So if your looking for transfer news (if there is any) or just everton stuff then its worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.