Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went into google and it said 300k (euros) p/w. Apologies this looks to be after tax. So yes probably 600k Euro's p/w. If his wage packet was halved then you're looking at around £275l p/w as it stands. Very difficult, but not completely unfeasible. But yes, very challenging, I had misread.

I think we could conceivably get to £200k p/w, and pay a decent loan fee. Whether RM would accept, who knows?

By signing Bale you could probably add on 10 million to your kit manufacturer deal and shirt sponsor with his global appeal. Don't know the average term of these deals but it would probably be at least 50k a week of his wages that he pulls from income that he himself has created. So say we can pay 250k a week, we could probably go to 300k if you have all your ducks in a row with new deals waiting to be negotiated and signed.

By signing Bale you could probably add on 10 million to your kit manufacturer deal and shirt sponsor with his global appeal. Don't know the average term of these deals but it would probably be at least 50k a week of his wages that he pulls from income that he himself has created. So say we can pay 250k a week, we could probably go to 300k if you have all your ducks in a row with new deals waiting to be negotiated and signed.

300k a week for a player whos fit for 10 games a season?

Its a firm no from me.

DCL is a better PL striker than everyone in Italy bar Rom, Ronaldo and Dzeko and Ibra when they were younger. Immobile, Belotti and the rest I'm far from convinced would hit 15 in a PL season.
Immobile tanked hard for Dortmund didn’t he? Has had a belter season though, fair play

Guys FFP really isn't a big deal at the moment. I don't think it would be prudent to get to far ahead of it since we want to play in Europe but as we aren't currently it can't hurt us. Sign James. Sign Bale. Sign Ramsey. Whatever.

James is the only one in that group that seems at all plausible to me.

Yeah we can totally ignore FFP, as long as we arent planning on making Europe for the next 3 years.

James, Belotti, Allan could even all be possible. Bale and Ramsey are too often injured for my liking and the wages they would command.

More fun than being linked with United and Chelsea cast offs.

We saw a link to Ramsay too the other day. I mean on the face of it the rumours are frankly absolutely ridiculous. We are in no position to contemplate paying their wages with FFP. However there are enormous changes coming, and things can't automatically be discounted.

I'm not sure how reputable Marca is. It's a story that fills column inches, but they seem to be one of the leading online news companies. So perhaps a bit more to it than one of the other sites.

Lots of things would have to happen to make it even a possibility. FFP would need to be suspended, or ended (the former is quite likely, the latter an outside possibility). Usmanov/Moshiri may spy an opportunity and be keen to commit. The players will likely have to lower wage demands. Ancelotti may want to be confident that he can get the best from them.

Each of the above could feasibly happen though. It's a long shot, but it's not as impossible as it was 2 months ago. I mean I do think FFP will be heavily looked at.

Moshiri and Usmanov have wanted to keep putting money in, and we know Moshiri has wanted a marquee signing. It seems from the summer Brands does his thing, and if a player of a certain profile exists, Brands passes it upstairs (see Zaha) who Moshiri seemed more keen on. I mean it's probably not too dissimilar to the 2nd season of Sunderland till I die, where the chairman essentially does the deal. It's not an ideal scenario but it's his money as they say.

As for the wages, it's hard to see football not agreeing a substantial wage reduction package. I think this could be more severe in Spain (and particularly so for Real Madrid). Barca have just reduced salaries by 70%, even if Bale et al agreed a 50% cut that would take his wages from a supposed 300k p/w to around 150k per week. He has 2 years on his contract to run. If you could squeeze Madrid down a bit from that, or even cover that salary it's feasible. I could see a clever 2 year loan deal perhaps being agreed at the above salary point if it were available.

The truth is, cubs who self fund are not going to be plush with money. There's very little demand for Bale. I think where City are concerned he's probably not quite the level they want. If you look at Liverpool, United and Arsenal, I rule it out because I can't see their American owners having the funds to be able to do it. Chelsea is certainly an option. We are weighing up Ancelotti V Lampard as a selling point.

It's my understand James contract runs out in 21. His wage is estimated around 130k p/w from one site I've seen. Ramsay is estimated at 400k p/w so is probably the hardest of the 3 to see coming in, but Juventus will probably be keen to look at options on him. Given it will be a selling market, options will open up for sure.

As a final aside, most teams strategy has been based around buying young and selling on. It does lead to opportunities at the other end of the market. Each of the above have been world class. There will be a question as to whether we could get them back cos to where they were (even 90% of it). I am right in saying Ancelotti has worked with James and Bale before? If the relationship is close, that could really help us.

It's on Ancelotti really. If he could get those 3 players even close to their best, they are better than any player we have currently. If FFP is reviewed while they will cause difficulties on the books it ceases to be an issue. In a market where players are looking to be unloaded new opportunities arise.

What we know from Ancelotti, beingItalian is I think he will know how to utilise older players. We have seen him to be an astute coach who's able to cater for players. He did this with Pirlo in his 30's to great affect, but that Milan team had all sorts of top draw older players.

I do also think Koulibaly and Allan could come onto our radar at substantially discounted prices on whats previously been quoted. Their value was plummeting before this crisis.

It sounds wild, but Moshiri may be in his office thinking, for maybe 40-50% of the wage costs we could add those 4 or 5 top draw players next season and have a real go at the top honors. No real transfer outlay and discounted wages and trust Ancelotti to get them to there best.
If FFP goes we wouldn't. I think both Juventus and Madrid players would have to agree a 50% cut to make either Bale or Ramsay realistic, (or their clubs accept we pay half their wages). Essentially I can see a world where we can pay Bale up to 150k and potentially Ramsay up to 200k p/w. James is on around 130k, so if he's available at say the 65-70k p/w option it could be feasible as well.

Mossier clearly wants to make a big statement. Can you imagine if those 3 rolled in.
I think footballers will have to reduce wages. Even if it's just for a season. He's on 300k. I think e could get close to £150k fairly comfortably. So either a 50% reduction, or Real having to pay some of the difference could be an option either way.

Look a 2 year loan deal, where say the club pay £5-10m per year as a fee and agree to cover his wage sup to £8m per year (so a total package of around £30m) could be doable. You load it all on at the front where FFP is cancelled.

As for Ramsay it's harder. He has higher wages and a longer contract, while Juventus would want to make money on the deal. In the context we are in though, with potentially collapsing wages and prices, deals that weren't doable become an option.

If I am Moshiri, part of me is thinking we get those 3 lads in and people start to take notice. You hope to clear off some of the dross (and hope the entire league agree say a 30% wage cut to make room) and get the 3 lads on the cheap. Add in Koulibaly and Allan (again on much reduced packages) and if Ancelotti gets them close to their best, as a 5 we could be competing at the top end.
I went into google and it said 300k (euros) p/w. Apologies this looks to be after tax. So yes probably 600k Euro's p/w. If his wage packet was halved then you're looking at around £275l p/w as it stands. Very difficult, but not completely unfeasible. But yes, very challenging, I had misread.

I think we could conceivably get to £200k p/w, and pay a decent loan fee. Whether RM would accept, who knows?
I think my mistake with him and Bale is to count the after tax salary, so yes would probably have to double both figures. James is very doable if wages are reduced, Bale would need a fair bit of work.

No way are we paying £70million for James though!
If you could get them on loan like you say, it could work. I wouldn’t want to pay a fee for them and juve will probably want money for Ramsey, who’s 30 in October and his last year at Arsenal he wasn’t great, not watched him for Juve

Now Bale is a different level to Ramsey, and however unlikely it is, If he cost us 30/35mil for a 2 year loan, that’s a great deal imo.
He only has a year left I think, and Madrid have been trying to get rid for a few years. And he can negotiate a free transfer in January. So I think they would except 30mil
As long as you’re the highest bidder you’ll have a good chance to get him.

If you offer to pay £125k per week toward his and it’s the best offer on the table then there’s a big possibility that could be enough.

Real just want shut, they were desperate to get him out last year but he wouldn’t entertain anything.

They’ve done a bad deal and they’re just trying to minimise how bad that is. If they got that reduced in anyway they’d be delighted.

I don’t see there being a loan fee in anyway at all
Guys FFP really isn't a big deal at the moment. I don't think it would be prudent to get to far ahead of it since we want to play in Europe but as we aren't currently it can't hurt us. Sign James. Sign Bale. Sign Ramsey. Whatever.

James is the only one in that group that seems at all plausible to me.
300k a week for a player whos fit for 10 games a season?

Its a firm no from me.

I think the way to calculate this is a bit differently.

If Bale + James are on £600k and £300k a week = £900k.

Real just want them off the books so zero transfer fee.

Instead of say a £60mil transfer fee, it would equal £385k a week over 3 years.

Thats already £192,500 each in salary over 3 years.

I think we could put those amounts into performance payments and then pay £100k a week for James and £200k a week for Bale in wages.

That would cover both of them for: £60mil + £300k a week in wages.

The one thing for me would be where Bale and James would play. Would Bale go back to his olf left sided position with James on the right?

Not sure how James would do in the prem in a 442 centrally...

The one thing for me would be where Bale and James would play. Would Bale go back to his olf left sided position with James on the right?

Scrap James. Bale on the left, Ramsey no.10, Gomes 8 and Richarlison on the right. Could go 3 up top when attacking, leaving space for a real defensive midfielder or put Bale or Richarlison up top and bring in Bernard as a 442. Sweeeet.

I think the way to calculate this is a bit differently.

If Bale + James are on £600k and £300k a week = £900k.

Real just want them off the books so zero transfer fee.

Instead of say a £60mil transfer fee, it would equal £385k a week over 3 years.

Thats already £192,500 each in salary over 3 years.

I think we could put those amounts into performance payments and then pay £100k a week for James and £200k a week for Bale in wages.

That would cover both of them for: £60mil + £300k a week in wages.

Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.