Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t see anyone paying 30 mill for him whenever the transfer market reopens. I’d be amazed if we got 20 for him tbh. He’s slow, poor in the air, and not great on the ball. If we play deep then he’s alright but any other type of tactic and he’s immediately exposed.
Going off prices before this virus, when Leicester sold Maguire they were linked with Tarkowski amd Dunk. And we’re getting quoted 40mil plus if you believe the rumours. Newcastle also had a similar figure for Lascelles.

Are them 3 twice as good as Keane? I think if tarkowski leaves this summer for Leicester or maybe another team, maybe Burnley will buy back Keane, as he probably suits a defensive team a lot better.

Time will tell. I actually think CA rates him a bit more than Everton fans do and would not be surprised to see him say but I do think there will be quite a few clubs after him and I do think we'll get close to our money back, if not all of it.

Obviously you can't believe anything you read in the papers but I am sure I read that Tottenham were after him in January.
I think Ancelotti didn’t have many options at centre back, at first it was Mina & Holgate, was Mina Injured? To get Keane back in the team.

Apparently Ancelotti is a great man manager, so it doesn’t surprise me he talks up his players and Keane is not the only one he’s done it about. Can’t really say anything else while there our players and he’s got no other options.

It hasn’t gone particularly badly for them though has it? If they have any sense it’ll change how they go about their business.
No it hasn't. Doesn't make it right though. There really ought to be a cap of how many can be 'owned' otherwise all the loaded clubs could buy up any new talent they want just to control who else gets to use them.

As mentioned yesterday, some names I would love to see make their way from the Bundesliga to Everton would be the following (All athletic, pacey CBs) Are they all on RB Leipzig.... YES but they dont need all these studs:

As mentioned yesterday, some names I would love to see make their way from the Bundesliga to Everton would be the following (All athletic, pacey CBs) Are they all on RB Leipzig.... YES but they dont need all these studs:

Whilst not a youngin anymore I'd still have Tah from Leverkusen. Man is an absolute unit.

I still think there’s talent out there in the lower leagues if you look hard enough for it. Holgate and Stones are only where they are now because we allowed them playing time in the prem, same with Maguire at Hull then Leicester. Some of these lads in France and Germany become top players because they get to play week in week out, make a load of mistakes that don’t get punished and then mugs like us and the other prem clubs go out and pay 40 mill for them.

We need a player who has something to prove and wants to do it at Everton. Getting kids with their eyes on the next move or mercenaries that just want a pay day for doing nothing hasn’t worked for us. I’d rather we went out and found a prospect that could slot in next to Holgate and form a partnership that Everton wins trophies with. Overpaying for the same names that Barca and PSG are after doesn’t seem to be the way to go because those kids would rather be at those clubs and would only be here as a stepping stone or for the money. I’d much rather find another Stones or Holgate, or another Distin Jagielka Lescott, players who were overlooked by others but were good enough when given the chance and repaid us for that faith we put in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.