Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fingers crossed for Zouma this morning. That will be a good job overall for the recruitment team and sets us up for an interesting season.

I guess there is still the opportunity to loan out whoever - Besic, Vlasic, Bolasie, Schneids, McCarthy, Martina etc. Maybe if we do that until January there will be the opportunity to sell them again.

The reason this was a far better transfer window than last summer was that at last we identified the areas of the team that needed addressing and bought accordingly with a little bit of Bernard magic thrown in.

Before the window any Evertonian would have said the priority positions were
CB - perhaps 2
LB
CM
LM.

In addition we all knew who the deadwood were but that it would be difficult to shift them.

All bar 3 or 4 big earners ( and there is time yet ) the deadwood has been chopped and we are left with a far better , more balanced squad.

Sure it will take time to gel and personally I have reservations about the new centre half but given time I believe Marcel Marco have shown that they know what is needed to get it right long term.

and were also happy with Klaasen, Sandro, Keane etc etc. I am suprised that so many have such short memories and are repeating the excitement about last years window. While this window's signings are exactly the type of players we need, there is no guarantee that they will work out the way we hope, especially when we are trying to integrate 5 or 6 new players into the starting line up.
I am confident that we are starting this season in a better position than last season, but I'm not going to go overboard until I see the team in action

We signed three numbers 10s last year and had the slowest attack in the league. We didnt replace Lukaku it was always going to be a nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.