Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I agree, but surely when dealing with agents, the first thing they should say is whether their client is interested in a move or not. How the rumoured Malcom contract offer was leaked I'd never know, for then to say prefers a move to Italy, so if it got that far, there must have been some sort of interest in coming to England.
It could simply have been the agent leaking what he wanted for his client.

I didn’t say they didn’t happen mate that was somebody else . I think Stephen Ireland went in one a couple of years ago .

I was obviously being facetious in my reply , if we google in there are probably a couple more . The point I was jokingly making was their incredibly rare but despite that the press report them everyday as if they happen with the frequency of Regular transfers .

My intention wasn’t to be argumentative just to be light hearted , after last season and our lack of activity so far I’m not finding that easy to be honest .

Fair enough lad - I was trying to be light-hearted to tbf. Hey ho. Flipping transfer windows ruin everything!!

Trying to sign unrealistic targets is a common tactic to say 'oh look we tried' we are so predictable.

Not really, last summer we went for players virtually unopposed. Sandro Siggurdson Klaasen Keane etc. No one else wanted them at the price they were at so we over paid for them just to ensure we got players in after the summer before when we’d been messed around trying to target the likes of Witsel and Koulibaly. The club was roundly criticised for buying poor players so I think it’s good we’re targeting a higher calibre of player rather than wasting money on average dross.

I know it’s the trendiest thing in the world to moan about Everton being skint but we’re not. We’re just hopefully not going to be paying massive sums for average players anymore.

Brand may well be having a dawning realisation that not having European football is a major disadvantage in the transfer market. Even up and coming talent want to market their wares on an international stage to increase their value and options for the next move.

Daily Mail reporting that Zaha definitely wants out at Palace, and that Tottenham aren't interested because of the price tag. Seems to be only us and Dortmund with genuine interest.

I'd be stunned if we got him to be honest.

Brand may well be having a dawning realisation that not having European football is a major disadvantage in the transfer market. Even up and coming talent want to market their wares on an international stage to increase their value and options for the next move.

I think Brands must be waiting for a sign, like the pope to call a Ramadan or something.

Remember Brands first day at work interview, said he'd been on the phone to agents all day...
Daily Mail reporting that Zaha definitely wants out at Palace, and that Tottenham aren't interested because of the price tag. Seems to be only us and Dortmund with genuine interest.

I'd be stunned if we got him to be honest.

Praying to god Bolasie would like a return back to his former club and that a reunion with the 'punch' plays a massive part in his decision.

I wonder if his phone is still ringing constantly with agents, remember his day 1 interview saying that his phone hadn't stopped ringing.

1. Pickford (GK)
  2. Robles (GK) ❌
  3. Stekelenberg (GK)
  4. Coleman (RB)
  5. Kenny (RB)
  6. Martina (RB)
  7. Baines (LB)
  8. Garbutt (LB) ❌ (loan)
  9. Robinson (LB)
  10. Jagielka (CB)
  11. Williams (CB)
  12. Keane (CB)
  13. Funes Mori (CB) ❌
  14. Holgate (CB)
  15. Pennington (CB)
  16. Browning (CB)
  17. Galloway (CB)
  18. Gueye (DM)
  19. Baningime (DM)
  20. Schneiderlin (DM)
  21. McCarthy (DM)
  22. Besic (DM)
  23. Connolly (DM)
  24. Klaassen (CM)
  25. Davies (CM)
  26. Rooney (AM) ❌
  27. Sigurdsson (AM)
  28. Dowell (AM)
  29. Tarashaj (AM) ❌ (loan)
  30. Vlasic (RW)
  31. Walcott (RW)
  32. Lookman (LW)
  33. Bolasie (LW)
  34. Mirallas (LW)
  35. Sandro (LW)
  36. Onyekuru (LW) ❌ (loan)
  37. Tosun (ST)
  38. Calvert-Lewin (ST)
  39. Niasse (ST)

We are going to need few windows to clean the mess of the previous regime

He already knew this when he joined. Everton need to get a strategy in place for improving from where they are rather than always having an excuse ready like we’ve seen in the past ‘It was a World Cup summer’ ‘market is difficult currently’ ‘window only short’ ‘impact of no europe’ lines like this won’t wash as these circumstances have all been known for a while.

I like Zaha but I wouldn't sign him for some stupid fee, It would have to be reasonable if we were to sign him because he's not worth 70m, I'd put like 25-30m for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.