Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm presuming, given both Brands and Silva favour a 4-3-3 that the main priority will be that midfield 3.

I wouldn't be surprised if we did finally sign William Carvalho for the deepest of the 3 positions. Good passer and breaker up of play.

He could be paired with Gueye/Davies to do the all energy role and hopefully Dowell to play the forward passes. If Dowell wasn't up to it Pablo Fornals from Villareal would be my #1 choice.

Front 3 would be Walcott, Lookman and either Tosun, if going for the traditional set up, or perhaps someone like Guedes (PSG on loan at Valencia) if we go for the more modern interchanging types (my preference)

I'd also add Rhian Brewster and Jon Panzo on frees.

Team to start the season

Pickford
Coleman Keane Jags Baines
Carvalho
Fornals Gueye
Walcott Lookman Guedes

Back ups
Robles
Kenny Holgate Funes Mori Panzo/Gibson
Beni
Dowell Davies
Tosun Brewster

Sell everyone else.
That team is hideous

Whose your 10? Ideally for me...

Kids and frees
Galloway
Garbutt
Robles
Pennington
Browning
Tarashaj
Hewelt
Grant

That's 8 already.

Oldies
Rooney
Baines
Jagielka
Williams
Stekelenburg

13 now

Donkeys
Schneiderlin
Klaassen
Mirallas
Bolasie

17 players out

Pickford/???

Coleman/Kenny -- Holgate/Keane -- ???/Mori -- ???/???

Gana/Baningime -- Sigurdsson/Davies

???/Dowell -- Lookman/Vlasic -- Walcott/???

???/Tosun/DCL
7 signings there...minimum

17 out and 7 in (ideally another CM).
I'd keep Baines (not as automatic first choice, however) but otherwise I agree.

The damage done to our squad by Walsh, when laid out like that, is quite remarkable. I can't believe some people on here wanted him to stay in some capacity. :Blink:

Martina and Sandro to go as well. Saw someone say Niasse but he is a great impact sub for us, and should have another year while we transition and until we are actually going for top 4/6 and next year will be 7th and he can do a job for us with that.

Kids and frees
Galloway
Garbutt
Robles
Pennington
Browning
Tarashaj
Hewelt
Grant

That's 8 already.

Oldies
Rooney
Baines
Jagielka
Williams
Stekelenburg

13 now

Donkeys
Schneiderlin
Klaassen
Mirallas
Bolasie
Martina
Sandro

Spot on, 19 players to be punted and 7/8 signed...

Kids and frees
Galloway
Garbutt
Robles
Pennington
Browning
Tarashaj
Hewelt
Grant

That's 8 already.

Oldies
Rooney
Baines
Jagielka
Williams
Stekelenburg

13 now

Donkeys
Schneiderlin
Klaassen
Mirallas
Bolasie
Martina
Sandro

Easy. Brands could do that in an afternoon

I'm presuming, given both Brands and Silva favour a 4-3-3 that the main priority will be that midfield 3.

I wouldn't be surprised if we did finally sign William Carvalho for the deepest of the 3 positions. Good passer and breaker up of play.

He could be paired with Gueye/Davies to do the all energy role and hopefully Dowell to play the forward passes. If Dowell wasn't up to it Pablo Fornals from Villareal would be my #1 choice.

Front 3 would be Walcott, Lookman and either Tosun, if going for the traditional set up, or perhaps someone like Guedes (PSG on loan at Valencia) if we go for the more modern interchanging types (my preference)

I'd also add Rhian Brewster and Jon Panzo on frees.

Team to start the season

Pickford
Coleman Keane Jags Baines
Carvalho
Fornals Gueye
Walcott Lookman Guedes

Back ups
Robles
Kenny Holgate Funes Mori Panzo/Gibson
Beni
Dowell Davies
Tosun Brewster

Sell everyone else.
You and @Zatara are lunatics.

I reckon I've called just about every transfer we've made right (in that they've almost all been rubbish) in the last 3 years.

And the players I wanted us to sign in the last 18 months: Leon Bailey, Wilfrid Ndidi, Keita Balde have all gone to be massively better than the ones we've signed.

Guedes and Fornals are both achievable and will be seen as beyond our reach in the next 12 months.

There's the real world and there's FM/FIFA 18 world. I know where some people have their heads...

We've spent £300m badly in the last 3 years. Mainly on "peak age" signings from the Premier League.

Same people who were saying Salah would flop and Siggy was a guaranteed hit are still the ones mocking signing younger players from abroad.

We've spent £300m badly in the last 3 years. Mainly on "peak age" signings from the Premier League.
Transfers with a fee from Prem clubs have been Lennon, Lukaku, Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Williams, Sigurdsson, Keane, Pickford...

... Walcott and Rooney (with larger signing on fee). Free transfers have included Barry and Cleverely although signing on fees will be added.

I've placed the signings in bold that I feel have overall been worthwhile transfers and relatively successful when you consider their impact.

Yes we may have overpaid for some (Gylfi et al.) and others have had poor patches (Morgan), but overall they've been fairly decent transfers.

I'll admit, they're not the best transfers in the world and could have been better, but arguing the likes of Ndidi would have been better is, well...

Kids and frees
Galloway
Garbutt
Robles
Pennington
Browning
Tarashaj
Hewelt
Grant

That's 8 already.

Oldies
Rooney
Baines
Jagielka
Williams
Stekelenburg

13 now

Donkeys
Schneiderlin
Klaassen
Mirallas
Bolasie
Martina
Sandro

Pennington signed a new contract so doubt he will be gone.

Nah, we have Lookman, Walcott as pencilled in first eleven players (we simply have to give Lookman a chance given what he did over in Germany & his obvious talent he's shown in his brief opportunities for us, not to mention for the England U20's....). Vlasic can play both sides and needs game time & opportunity to play, Dowell needs a proper look at, Sigurdsson (tho I want him at in central, front 3 of Lookman, Tosun & Lookman with Siggy in behind my ideal attacking front 4) can function either side in an attacking role. We still have Bolasie (who I'd like sold but is going to be hard to shift as in on big money, has lost his pace & coming off a big injury), DCL & Niasse both played there last year (I'd like them both to be used as centre forwards in truth), we have Sandro (needs a proper look at and is on mega money), Rooney (if he stays) could /should be played as a central attacking midfield role. We are in no way short of options.....
Sandro/Rooney should be binned imo, unless Sandro really improves when he comes back off loan etc.

Yes lookman is doing well in Germany but hasn't performed for us yet, so I would put him as the 3rd choice winger behind Walcott and a new lad.

Personally haven't thought anything of vlasic so far but I'm willing to give him a chance. Though a loan would be sound for him if we were to sign another winger.

Dcl/Niasse/Tosun are strikers and wasted out on the wing.

Kids and frees
Galloway
Garbutt
Robles
Pennington
Browning
Tarashaj
Hewelt
Grant

That's 8 already.

Oldies
Rooney
Baines
Jagielka
Williams
Stekelenburg

13 now

Donkeys
Schneiderlin
Klaassen
Mirallas
Bolasie
Martina
Sandro

I’d take jags and Baines off that list I do want them gone but they will be need as cover for 12 months and retain one of Sneids or Klaassen bin both off if we get circa 15 mil ea

That's very hurtful :(

There's the real world and there's FM/FIFA 18 world. I know where some people have their heads...

Clearly you're in that world as I don't play that game lol

I reckon I've called just about every transfer we've made right (in that they've almost all been rubbish) in the last 3 years.

And the players I wanted us to sign in the last 18 months: Leon Bailey, Wilfrid Ndidi, Keita Balde have all gone to be massively better than the ones we've signed.

Guedes and Fornals are both achievable and will be seen as beyond our reach in the next 12 months.

I mentioned the same 3 also ages ago.

Guedes and Fornals would be super players in the premier league.

Hopefully Brands continues what he has done in the past and goes for u21 stars.

There`s the real world and then there is Zatmania.

What we are witnessing here, is early onset Zatmania.

It will get worse before it gets better :hayee:

Or could muse about signing donkeys as per recent seasons?

Transfers with a fee from Prem clubs have been Lennon, Lukaku, Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Williams, Sigurdsson, Keane, Pickford...

... Walcott and Rooney (with larger signing on fee). Free transfers have included Barry and Cleverely although signing on fees will be added.

I've placed the signings in bold that I feel have overall been worthwhile transfers and relatively successful when you consider their impact.

Yes we may have overpaid for some (Gylfi et al.) and others have had poor patches (Morgan), but overall they've been fairly decent transfers.

I'll admit, they're not the best transfers in the world and could have been better, but arguing the likes of Ndidi would have been better is, well...

Youre saying Lennon, Schneiderlin and Sigurdsson have been worthwhile transfers :eek:

Walcott also...crazy signing him for 20mil+ bearing in mind that close to the fee for Lozano/Kluivert/others...Walcott is like Rooney...started young...played too many games..loads of injuries...in 1-2 years he will be goosed.

Ndidi was obviously going to be a good player...no clue what youre point is there...hes someone who would be a good signing now.

I’d take jags and Baines off that list I do want them gone but they will be need as cover for 12 months and retain one of Sneids or Klaassen bin both off if we get circa 15 mil ea

Most likely will keep those 2 for a season...but neither are good enough.

Schneiderlin and Klaassen should be sold for anything close to 15mil each...punt them and hope brands replaces with 1 decent player.

Status
Not open for further replies.