Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Papa Shango
Niasse, come on now let’s be serious, he can’t even get on the bench anymore. He’s done at Everton.
And I disagree about January and all this it’s a bad month to buy. Maybe for us it’s the best chance to get a Lozano. As the top teams may want to wait until the summer.

As I wouldn’t imagine Chelsea wouldn’t see him as 1st choice to replace Hazard or Utd 1st choice to replace Martial.

I think you are missing my point regarding Niasse.

You "could" play him and he "could" get loads of goals. Say what you want about the bloke he knows where the back of the net is and always gets chances one way or another. However those goals will come at a cost to the rest of the team as he is not a particularly "good" player.

It is not out centre forward who is missing chances to finish a game off. Richarlison got 2 this past week. It's the whole team making poor decisions on dangerous areas and a striker does not solve that.

As for Lozano I love how everyone thinks he is boss now. He had a couple of good world cup games and has done with in the Dutch League. There is no guarantees with this lad at all.

You "could" play him and he "could" get loads of goals. Say what you want about the bloke he knows where the back of the net is and always gets chances one way or another. However those goals will come at a cost to the rest of the team as he is not a particularly "good" player.

It is not out centre forward who is missing chances to finish a game off. Richarlison got 2 this past week. It's the whole team making poor decisions on dangerous areas and a striker does not solve that.

As for Lozano I love how everyone thinks he is boss now. He had a couple of good world cup games and has done with in the Dutch League. There is no guarantees with this lad at all.

Brands will know if Lozano has the qualities to make it in this league.

That is the confidence I have in the DoF. We will at least scout individuals properly now, and make sure they fit the team and clubs requirements.

Is he that good?

Don't get me wrong. I like what Eddie Howe is doing at Bournemouth and he has a few decent attacking players that blend well together and are all playing well. But Chelsea are very unforgiving of strikers if they don't live up to Drogba or Costa.

If I was looking at anybody there it would be the two young midfielders Cook and Brooks. Having said that I'm very happy with what I've seen of the Geuye/Gomes/Siggy axis so far and would like to see how that develops this season.

Cook is very good and getting better all the time.

Barcelona and Chelsea both only wanted loan deals this window for Zouma and Gomes.

I wonder who we would go for in the summer if we cant make them permanent?

Neves from Wolves would definitely be my nunber one choice for Gomes.

I do think we have a chance of securing both on permanents however.

Barcelona and Chelsea both only wanted loan deals this window for Zouma and Gomes.

Agree with Zouma. But word at the time was Gomes was available for around £20m, but nobody was prepared to take a chance on him because of apparent drop of form plus he was injured. We were the ones who preferred the loan.

It's a pity we couldn't negotiate a fixed price option for Gomes at the time. I would imagine, knowing Barca, that they would have insisted on an unconditional arrangement, which we wouldn't have wanted in case he turned out to be a flop.

I can't see Chelsea changing their stance on Zouma next summer, especially if he continues to play well. We may have to rely on Zouma forcing a move through in the same way that Lukaku did.

App called Lineup 11 (iPhone), then it let me download some free kits from past seasons

Cheers, im a Samsung boy though ;)

Ndombele is a great player, would absolutely love him here

1st to mention him was @Nymzee I think...he looks top class. Someone who could come in and really take the midfield up a level.

Is he that good?

Don't get me wrong. I like what Eddie Howe is doing at Bournemouth and he has a few decent attacking players that blend well together and are all playing well. But Chelsea are very unforgiving of strikers if they don't live up to Drogba or Costa.

If I was looking at anybody there it would be the two young midfielders Cook and Brooks. Having said that I'm very happy with what I've seen of the Geuye/Gomes/Siggy axis so far and would like to see how that develops this season.

We were meant to be very interested in Brooks -- as per the media -- a year before he started really doing well in the championship.

For Cook, I said on here we should have gone for him...then Bournemouth signed him...peculiar as he would have added to our England u21 crop.

Niasse was meant to be interesting palace and others for 15mil last season...be made up with that. Hed be very good as an individual for a struggling side like Fulham or huddersfield.

For Lozano see my post below...

Brands will know if Lozano has the qualities to make it in this league.

That is the confidence I have in the DoF. We will at least scout individuals properly now, and make sure they fit the team and clubs requirements.

Lozano is undoubtedly top class. He was class for Mexico way before the world cup...excellent for PSV and Suarez said he would be the 'next Suarez' which is high praise indeed.

I think if anyone has time to watch a re-run of any PSV game or even catch a future live game you can see the movement, desire and energy both in attack and covering back which marks him out as a top player compared with say Depay.

Hes someone who I think could become world class in the right team.

He would be perfect for Liverpool but for some reason I don't see him being a Liverpool type player.

For me, I see him as the perfect winger for UTD when Ferguson was manager and they had Sharpe, Kanchelskis and Giggs….high energy team and workrate + winning attitude.

Cook is very good and getting better all the time.

Looks like the type of underrated player who is only appreciated when hes not in the side...someone like a Carrick who is only rated by fans after many years.

The more I think about it the more amazed I am at the success rate of the signings we made in the summer.

Brandalf...

Zouma I have no idea on either way....Id aim for Upamecano off Leipzig,,,super player and potentially world class.

Gomes I think his own comments show he wants to impress with us then hopes we can strike a deal with Barca.

Neves is another who could become world class...needs to play either in a 'free role' or as a deep playmaker like Jorginho at Chelsea.

Agree with Zouma. But word at the time was Gomes was available for around £20m, but nobody was prepared to take a chance on him because of apparent drop of form plus he was injured. We were the ones who preferred the loan.

It's a pity we couldn't negotiate a fixed price option for Gomes at the time. I would imagine, knowing Barca, that they would have insisted on an unconditional arrangement, which we wouldn't have wanted in case he turned out to be a flop.

I can't see Chelsea changing their stance on Zouma next summer, especially if he continues to play well. We may have to rely on Zouma forcing a move through in the same way that Lukaku did.

Silva quoted on a newsnow link today saying neither zouma or gomes were available for purchase...only loan

How do we feel about Pavard and Ndombele?
Think Pavard would be more possible but as with both of them there's gonna be lots of interest in them from elsewhere. If Ndombele ends up anywhere in the prem it will most likely be at City, think he's just a tier above what we can attract at the moment.

Think Pavard would be more possible but as with both of them there's gonna be lots of interest in them from elsewhere. If Ndombele ends up anywhere in the prem it will most likely be at City, think he's just a tier above what we can attract at the moment.

My view is that we can attract anyone under 25 who wants to prove themselves....Brands and Silva can really sell the club well.

Do City really need players? I think Jan is the time to pay extra to get players in before theyre nabbed by top sides in the summer.

My view is that we can attract anyone under 25 who wants to prove themselves....Brands and Silva can really sell the club well.

Do City really need players? I think Jan is the time to pay extra to get players in before theyre nabbed by top sides in the summer.
They want a centre mid as a replacement for Fernandinho given his age - they went in for Jorginho in the summer but he went to Chelsea because of Sarri. I think Ndombele would be brilliant there or Spurs if they have any money to spend. Be a massive coup if we went in for him and managed to get him, the same with Aouar but they'd probably want even more for him.

They want a centre mid as a replacement for Fernandinho given his age - they went in for Jorginho in the summer but he went to Chelsea because of Sarri. I think Ndombele would be brilliant there or Spurs if they have any money to spend. Be a massive coup if we went in for him and managed to get him, the same with Aouar but they'd probably want even more for him.

Surely if city went for jorginho they would prefer that type to ndombele?

I'd be interested to see Ndombele and Neves signed...that's a really potential world class combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.