Strikers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

a whole wheel of cheese?
Moyes is apparently after Milito at the top of his hit list. If he gets his man, Johnson can leave.
If he doesn't get Mil then apparently Bent is next on his list.

Why doesn't he go all out for Roque Santa Cruz? This man is dynamite in front of goal. Better than anyone else mentioned as a Johnson replacement imo. I imagine his lot is about to shoot through the roof though since Arsenal are looking for a replacment for Adebayor and have money to spend.

No harm is asking though.

What a partnership that would be up front with the Yak!

I'm not sure about Milito. He has Fernando Morientes written all over him if you ask me. Good player in Spain but wouldn't quite hack it in England. I could be wrong but that's my opinion.

If we release AJ then I'd like a direct replacement. Someone similar with pace to burn and a good workrate. At the momement Darren Bent is the only one that fits that bill. I'd love him here and he'd compliment Yakubu well also.

Santa Cruz would be nice but he's also very unrealistic. We'd have to pay big to get him as he had an excellent season last year. He is also one I'm not sure about though. Right throughout his career he's had a tendency to has one good season and then alot of average ones.

At the moment if AJ leaves I'd say Bent is the best option. If we do buy him though I think we'd have to change our system. Maybe a 4-3-1-2 so we can accomadate both him and Cahill. It would make up for our lack of width and the likes of Arteta and Pienaar could play in there more natural central positions.

Strikers id like to get: Bent, Owen, Keane, Rosenberg

There the only ones i can think of which would come here and are good enough...

There are more but i cant think of any

Bent would be a great replacement for Johnson, however i cant see him being on the bench, so 4-4-2 with cahill? honestly i dont believe all that nonsense about not performing in a 4-4-2, itd be a great team :)

I dont think we could get Santa Cruz, he is wanted by bigger clubs...

Strikers id like to get: Bent, Owen, Keane, Rosenberg

There the only ones i can think of which would come here and are good enough...

There are more but i cant think of any

Bent would be a great replacement for Johnson, however i cant see him being on the bench, so 4-4-2 with cahill? honestly i dont believe all that nonsense about not performing in a 4-4-2, itd be a great team :)

I dont think we could get Santa Cruz, he is wanted by bigger clubs...

About 3 or 4 yrs past his best

oh how i wish
klaas%20jan%20huntelaar_01.jpg

We should loan Anichebe out, he just isn't good enough for us.

Vaughan is superb and if he stays injury free then that is a major positive.

Bring Milito on loan and buy Bent with the AJ funds.

Yakubu, Bent, Milito and Vaughan.

Im not sure on Milito i havnt seen him play but selling a 27 year old and buying a 29 year old doesnt make much sense, its something i cant see Moyes doing.

I thnk Moyes has big plans for Vaughan, myself. Would only prefer AJ to leave in the event that we sign Daren Bent.

Huntleer would be class, cant see it though!

We should loan Anichebe out, he just isn't good enough for us.

Vaughan is superb and if he stays injury free then that is a major positive.

Bring Milito on loan and buy Bent with the AJ funds.

Yakubu, Bent, Milito and Vaughan.

not sure about milito, but i want to loan anichebe out to preston, mostly because i want to help out irvine at preston, but also because he would gain some experience...something which he needs...

One thing, this bent rumour, seems realistic, but whats going to happen to the wages?

We need to improve

I really cant see us wanting/needing to sell AJ - if we are to improve as a team or club we need strenght in depth and need players of his calibre!

Bring in Milito and Owen. Loan out Vaughn and Anichebe. Keep AJ. Theres top strikers. I dunno why although I know having a big squad would be good I just hate it coz it frustrates me when players dont get played even if there not that good. I dont know what it is, just got an uncontrollable need for people to be pleased :(

The young player of the yr and lad who scored 5 goals in the uefa cup!

lollol

he can be a good player, but he didnt really have any competition to get young player of the year did he?

Vaughan - injured
Baines - Injured
Fernandes - about one month to do something

no other competition. He is good, but look at his performance in the premiership, he hasnt been good atall in that, and that is what he needs experience in.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.