Strangest place you've seen an Everton player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years ago,'cos I'm old, I stood at the urinal in St Philomenas Club at the Old Roan,with Alex Young and Jimmy Gabriel. Jimmy says to me...'Whats it like, having a p**s with two Scottish Internationalists? And the (very quiet) Golden Vision says ..'Have you played for Scotland then, Jimmy?'

Not EFC related, but I was once looking for a hostelry in Manchester where I was meeting a fella for a business lunch/meeting,way before sat nav, it was in Worsley Manchester,I knocked at this house to ask the way to said establishment,a bare chested,"sweaty" and irate Danny Wallace leant out of the bedroom window and told me in no uncertain terms to "go away"To this day I've no idea what he was up to and how I upset him;)lol
Him?
200px-Danny_Wallace.jpg

David Beckham having a pedicure with the door open, in the health suite at a hotel just outside Newcastle, the night before an Ingerland international at St James Park years ago.

Surreal

Last edited:

Season before last in the black horse can’t remember what game it was that day but standing by the bar with my mates then suddenly this person barges past into me and my friend by the time I’ve turned around to give said person some abuse I realise it’s Leon Osman and think better of it!

Donkeys years ago after a mid week match , long after the crowds had vanished and we'd had a beer, bumped into Terry Darracott standing on Walton Lane next to his sports bag presumably waiting for a lift home. Give him shout and he good naturedly waved back.
Not particularly strange I suppose but somehow incongruous that just a couple of hours earlier he had been playing in front of a packed stadium ( alright probably not that packed) and now he was just waiting for a lift like any other pub league player.
Also a little melancholic somehow.

Years ago bumped into big nev coming out of marks and Spencer in Llandudno.
Also took my daughter to her first game few years back and decided to take her for a walk around the stadium (outside) and take in the timeline ... was a couple of hours before kick off... anyway we bumped into sharpy, snodin and Stewart who were on their way to the ground...they weren’t all together like but met them all in the space of 20 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.