Stop oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop telling the average Joe who contributes about 1% towards global waste.

Seriously, if these people want change, stop targeting the bottom 1%. Go after the big companies and even if you get them the reduce their waste by a few %, it will have far more.of an impact than if you got every person in goodison park to cut their waste by 100%.
If every person produces 1% of global waste and the world has 8billion people, that's 8 billion % of global waste produced by people.

It doesn't work though. How many times do we see this type of protest? It happens at least a few times every year, where it gets pretty good coverage in the news. Getting the average Joe's support involves disrupting big business without putting the burden onto normal people who aren't the major cause of the problem.

For example, how does gluing yourself to the M25 and stopping people getting home from work get people on their side?
That’s right, protests are a waste of time, what we need is an uprising.

Talk radio why do people listen to this station?She is a vile person. I can only hear her voice. I rather like him now.
Indeed, she’s a bell as are most of the other presenters on the Sky/sun funded talkshite media arms. one of its interviews provided a perfect example of only hearing one pompous voice and the rotund ill informed presenter absolutely digs himself a hole that doesn’t stop. Mike Graham vs Cameron Ford, It’s beautiful watching and should be on the curriculum to show that research is king

Stop telling the average Joe who contributes about 1% towards global waste.

Seriously, if these people want change, stop targeting the bottom 1%. Go after the big companies and even if you get them the reduce their waste by a few %, it will have far more.of an impact than if you got every person in goodison park to cut their waste by 100%.
he targeted a game in the most popular sporting league in the world. He target a game between one team with Iranian/russian owners and one team owned by Saudi Arabia. He targeted a team that had (maybe still has) dubious connections with a russian oligarch who's likely aiding Putin in a fight over Black sea oil and gas rights as well as pipe line access for western economies to consume fossil fuels.
The game was carried by Amazon, NBC, and countless other massive media corporations.
Fair play to him, for my kids sake, I hope there are more like him out there.

he targeted a game in the most popular sporting league in the world. He target a game between one team with Iranian/russian owners and one team owned by Saudi Arabia. He targeted a team that had (maybe still has) dubious connections with a russian oligarch who's likely aiding Putin in a fight over Black sea oil and gas rights as well as pipe line access for western economies to consume fossil fuels.
The game was carried by Amazon, NBC, and countless other massive media corporations.
Fair play to him, for my kids sake, I hope there are more like him out there.
I don't think more like him will fix things. They almost treat protesting like a club. They should be recruiting the masses, not alienating them.

I've no doubt they will get good coverage (although nobody is talking about them now), but I'm not sure it will make long term change happen.

In the end he got loads of abuse because he decided to disrupt a team battling relegation and had someone swing at him. More people focussed on the steward and his massive bolt cutters/hilarious gurn than the underlying message.

I don't think more like him will fix things. They almost treat protesting like a club. They should be recruiting the masses, not alienating them.

I've no doubt they will get good coverage (although nobody is talking about them now), but I'm not sure it will make long term change happen.

In the end he got loads of abuse because he decided to disrupt a team battling relegation and had someone swing at him. More people focussed on the steward and his massive bolt cutters/hilarious gurn than the underlying message.
all true.
I guess I just think it's a serious issue and I'm glad some kids are doing something even if it is misdirected.
It got people talking.
The people who complain about this fella are the same that complain that kids today don't care about anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.