stones and barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stones
I remember him whilst we were getting mauled at Anfield. Could not wait to leave the pitch as he had the squits. Total coward

Don’t get me started on Barclay. Can’t stand him. Any fan suggesting we get him back is on a windup. Total waste of space. Always plays within himself and a massive disappointment for the last few seasons

Swerve both

To be fair, wasn't stones being played right back that game? the most non right back defender you'll ever see

both appear to be surplus to requirements.

would you take either/both of them back?

no definitely not, but definitely 100% they would improve our midfield and passing game if they were still here. but unfortunately they now fall in the Lingard, Walcott, Schneiderlin, Siggy category..top 6 rejects. We can only take top 6 rejects if they don't fit in the team for some reason, these 2 just are not good enough to get in.

E.g. that's why Kante is attractive, if unrealistic, so is maybe Torreira

Yes. Maybe it's because I'm so far removed physically, but I don't really get all the hate towards ex players. Both of them would improve our team, so for that reason, I would have them both

both appear to be surplus to requirements.

would you take either/both of them back?
If the price and wages were ok in theory you might.
But people say 'never go back' for a reason.

The fact that they might be better than what we have, is more an indictment of our poor recuitmemt rather than a true measure of how good they are.

So for that reason - I'm out.

Why can't people just move on from two players who wanted to leave? One a boyhood blue who was so insulted by being offered a massive massive contract that he wound up removing every single thing Everton from both all his stupid social media and his fn tattoos like the thick weapon he is and another that wound up cry arsing when simply asked if he really wanted to move away and has genuinely regressed since leaving.

Why can't people just move on from two players who wanted to leave? One a boyhood blue who was so insulted by being offered a massive massive contract that he wound up removing every single thing Everton from both all his stupid social media and his fn tattoos like the thick weapon he is and another that wound up cry arsing when simply asked if he really wanted to move away and has genuinely regressed since leaving.

I agree with Barkley but unfair on Gana .I would have neither back .

Yes. Maybe it's because I'm so far removed physically, but I don't really get all the hate towards ex players. Both of them would improve our team, so for that reason, I would have them both

I don’t see that Stones would improve the defence one iota.

The man has turned out to be a real damp squib since he left here and has been kept out of the City side by some pretty average defenders during his time there.

Barclay would indeed improve the midfield but in all honesty that is saying more about the absolute dross we have there right now than it says about him.

He has totally failed to live up to the potential he showed as a young player.

Regarding hating former players, there are very few examples of ex players being really hated here....and those that are invariably deserve it.

Nick Barmby springs to mind.....Alex Nyarko is another.

Barkley fits right in the rogue’s gallery with the grubby stroke he pulled over his transfer.

I don’t think Stones is particularly “hated” but as some other fellows have said he is tainted by the way he ran off the pitch at The Pit.

(I always gave him the benefit of the doubt....after all, when you gotta go, you gotta go :))

Rooney was always given a hard time by sections of the crowd but that was more because it broke our hearts to see him come back with an all conquering United team when we had all pinned our hopes on him spearheading our rise back to competiveness.

And some people think we actually go too far the other way....there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth on here when the hugely popular Steven Naismith was applauded after scoring when he returned as a Norwich player.

Delefeou always gets a tremendous reception when he comes with Wafford.

And going back a bit, Big Dunc was greeted with rapturous applause when he came “home” in a Barcode shirt.

don't want either back , don't have a particular gripe with either just dont agree with bringing back players whom believe have moved onto greener pastures
we need players whom are committed and without baggage , the likes of Gordon and Braithwaite and hold onto at all costs Digne and Rico

Status
Not open for further replies.