stones and barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have Holgate, therefore why would we spend actual money on a more injury prone, less consistent alternative in Stones?

Secondly, we need a midfield that doesn't let the opposition waltz right by them. I don't recall Ross making many tackles whilst he was here. Maybe his game has changed at Chelsea, but I doubt it.

No. Neither are good enough to start for top 6 sides, which is what we should be aspiring to be.

This was well established while they were here, never mind after they left.

Just because Barkley may be better than Davies and Stones better than - well I'm not sure he actually is much better than any of our centre halves actually - does not mean they are worth considering and is absolutely not an argument that they are reasonable options for signing. Not that that has and will stop people.

Would take Barkley back all day long personally.

Think people need to stop kidding themselves, we’re crap.

Ross driving forward with the ball, fed by Gomes with Gbamin doing his defensive work in a 3-5-2 formation for home matches sounds good to me.

For away games only one of Ross or André to start with a second defensive midfielder selected.

Stones
I remember him whilst we were getting mauled at Anfield. Could not wait to leave the pitch as he had the squits. Total coward

Don’t get me started on Barclay. Can’t stand him. Any fan suggesting we get him back is on a windup. Total waste of space. Always plays within himself and a massive disappointment for the last few seasons

Swerve both

tenor.gif

Haha lighten up mate I was only joking

£ not $ next time tho, we’re not a ‘franchise’ :D

LOL...my response was a joke mate. My dad was going to Goodison with his brothers in the '50's and '60's before he emigrated, I'm well aware that Everton is not a franchise. Typed from my Canadian keyboard. I'll even spell colour correctly for you despite your loutish behaviour. But Alt+0163 isn't working for me, so you'll continue to get $$$ from me (unless someone on the page I'm quoting from has used the sterling symbol, in which case about half the time I'm arsed enough to ctrl+v one - like now £££££££££££££££) Besides, if we could get Stones for $50k CDN a week, I'd be all over it!

On the wages they would likely look for, there is no chance. Neither would want to come back I'd guess.

Could see Ancelotti wanting a player with Stones ability but not sure defensively he would want him.

Status
Not open for further replies.