stones and barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of whether people think they're better than what we have, they are without a doubt below what we should be aiming for. If you are happy to mix it up with the Burnleys and Southamptons of this world then let's get both.

I'd take Gana back in a second. In an alternate universe where Stones would take a pay cut to around $50k per week, I'd give him a shot. Barkley not a chance. We already have enough players that go missing. Also not sure he'd fit well in a 4-4-2. Have to play him or Gomes, couldn't play both and Barkley isn't better than Gomes.

Yeah, I'd love us to spend £80m on playera who left us appallingly for pastures new only to realise they're not better than us. All to make us finish 11th rather than 12th.

You guys need to remember moyes isn't manager any more, we're not going to be going back for the same players of a previous manager.

No.
Two horrible little rats who have now failed at top 6 clubs.
I don’t agree that RB has failed at CFC, certainly given the transfer fee. He’s done a decent job most of the time, but he hasn’t done enough to be a big hitter for us. He’s a great talent but doesn’t apply it consistently enough to be a great. Still a very, very good player though. I’d like to keep him, but suspect he’ll become collateral damage in an August/September squad purge.

Neither for me. Stones can’t defend and Barkley is not what we want in midfield. They would just take up salary headroom and cause rage and heartache if they played.

Barkley is getting what he deserves anyway and is about to follow the Roswell career path.
There are some players who we can tell aren’t quite good enough, but they get more grace at Everton because we’re so desperate.
Theycould probably play their whole career here at a reasonable level, but when they move. They’re found out.

I'd take Gana back in a second. In an alternate universe where Stones would take a pay cut to around $50k per week, I'd give him a shot. Barkley not a chance. We already have enough players that go missing. Also not sure he'd fit well in a 4-4-2. Have to play him or Gomes, couldn't play both and Barkley isn't better than Gomes.

In this alternate universe, do we use dollars in England? Or do Everton play in the MLS? :p

I don’t agree that RB has failed at CFC, certainly given the transfer fee. He’s done a decent job most of the time, but he hasn’t done enough to be a big hitter for us. He’s a great talent but doesn’t apply it consistently enough to be a great. Still a very, very good player though. I’d like to keep him, but suspect he’ll become collateral damage in an August/September squad purge.
Which is a longwinded way of saying he’s not good enough for you.

This has always been his biggest problem mate.

On his day he is a top player, but his day only comes 1 in every 5 games.

And he doesnt seem to have improved that with age

Status
Not open for further replies.