Stoke City v Everton. 15th Dec @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
this again just shows what winds me up about Moyes when asked about the penalty that should of been given "its a 50-50 sometimes you get them sometimes you dont" why does he never point out when we are robbed from decisions yet is quick to jump on his own players it confuses me

He makes plenty of comments saying that decision should have gone our way; in nearly every game infact. 'We should've had a penalty' against wigan, 'wansn't a free kick' against Norwich. I'm sorry but what would it possibly acheive if he would've come out and said 'we were robbed' ?

I can see Fellaini getting a 4 game ban for this. The standard 3 for violent conduct with his headbutt, and maybe a further one for the palm to the face. There is nothing in the 'elbow' at all though imo. Shawcross has both arms around him (which should surely mean it's a penalty?) and i suppose he tries to shrug him off or even considers giving him a proper elbow but in the end there was no force behind it at all.

you have to laugh though reading the stoke forum you would of thought felliani ended shawcross's career yesterday even one fella is on about reporting felliani to the police for assault what a clown what felli did was wrong and he deserves to be banned but come on things like this happen every season suarez biting, shearer elbows, roy keane, big dunc, ballotelli's near blinding stamp on parker, huths stamp on suarez/punch at upson, adebayors stamp on van persie's face, bartons multiple assaults etc.

ijLKiOdvF8myy.gif

Shawcross should get himself on one of those crap celebrity ballroom dancing shows. Just watched the whole game again, and of course he is all over Fellaini like a rash, holding, grabbing, shirt pulling, you name it. Makes a mockery of the pen Fellaini had awarded against him against Man City.

Anyway, dancing. There's a ball into the box and Fellaini is in there as usual, with his back to goal. Shawcross has both arms round Fellaini's waist, with his hands locked. Fellaini shuffles across the 6 yard line following the flight of the ball, and Shawcross goes right with him, perfectly in step. Nimble mover for such a big fella. Brucie and his chums would be slobbering over that.

I didn't see the match until Sunday, but I'd heard/read about Fellaini's antics.
Yes, he did headbutt Shawcross, but it was very soft. More like a gesture and there wasn't a mark on Shawcross' face. If that had been in a drunken Friday night brawl the recipient of the kiss would've laughed at him. Not defending the action but when you consider the manhandling he was being subjected to right through the match you'd have to say that there were mitigating circumstances. Fellaini was getting absolutely no protection.
In the 'elbow' incident, another soft gesture, how does Shawcross get away with holding an opponent around the waist like that?
Isn't that a penalty? If Halsey or at least one of his assistants didn't see it, I want to know why.
Nine matches? Go away! I've seen worse offences than those ignored by the FA this season. I could talk about that bloke over the park, but what's the point?

you missed moyes lack of ability to change things

spot on .. everyone knows what to expect when you play Stoke so make it difficult. Their supposed strengths i.e. their size, roughhouse tactics etc can be made their weaknesses, use graft, guile, dimunutive players who will tumble easily if a lump like Huth or Shawcross lays a hand on them. Why play them at their own game and turn it into a rugby match .. Moyes got it wrong from the off.

Status
Not open for further replies.