• Kone, Mirallas or Osman

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woolly Blue

Player Valuation: £80m
In keeping with the new style "keep it short and clean" previews we've had recently here's an abbreviated match report and a MOTM poll. Don't worry, I'm just the substitute today, I won't be doing it again.

On a wet and windy afternoon at the Britannia ( who'd have thought it eh ? ) an Everton side put the, so called, Mighty Potters ( in reality, a town full of inbreds if I caught the words being sung correctly ) to the sword courtesy of Romelu scoring from the spot while humming Bing's "Straight Down the Middle", a Coleman header from a Cleverley corner, yes, a goal from a set piece ffs, and a sexy little run and finish from Aaron Lennon after someone on their side seemed to gift him the ball. So that was 3-0 before the break.

Nattering to Mikey Fitz and Nosejam at half time we could hardly believe what was happening and wondered when the real Everton would turn up. But no, in the second half we were still composed and disclipined and really should have had two or three more, Rom coming close once and Kone ( on as a sub ) having his customary miss after doing all the hard work

So, three points in the bag and a new song for Lennon ( courtesy of Mikey ) made for a pretty good day prior to the walk down Stanley Matthews Way with the rain blowing right in my face. Koff rain, I was soaked by the time I found the car.

The only downside was the Catalan Clown's refusal to dance. Next time Bobby, next time.

Oviedo was MOTM for me, with Lennon not far behind. Hands up who wanted Bryan out of the club at the end of the season then just a few weeks ago ?

*tuts in a disapproving manner.

... @GoatJR's report ( also short and sweet, a bit like I imagine @RAFUH to be ) follows. Junior would have done a fuller report, but had internet "river"problems. Anyway, I'm waffling ...

Well what a game an amazing game lets keep it like this, its just shows how good Everton can be when we play how we know we can play. Two, three weeks ago everyone wanted Bobby out and I thought Na he's ace keep him, and after that Newcastle win people where saying that he should go but Na he shouldn't, but this isn't about Bobby because it's about Everton, how we play game and that stuff

Well let's just focus of this game we played amazing and worked well and we scored three amazing goal and going into this game I thought I'm worried about this game, Stoke are going to do the double on us.

But Goals From Lukaku, Coleman and Lennon in the first 45 gave Everton all three points. Good to see Joel playing and hope he plays until the end of the season, another clean sheet.

My MOTM is.... Lennon he played amazing and was good on the wings and a goal to show how amazing he is.

Last edited:
acBsYAs.gif

So, three points in the bag and a new song for Lennon ( courtesy of Mikey ) made for a pretty good day prior to the walk down Stanley Matthews Way with the rain blowing right in my face. Koff rain, I was soaked by the time I found the car.

Sake mate, I have spent 6 hours out in the rain and the strong winds today. Dont hear me complaining.

But it was really wet and blowy.

Er, Robles for me. Not cos he was the best player, but cos it was obvious the whole back line were so much more assured.

And he kept hugging players when they won a header or blocked a shot.

Sake mate, I have spent 6 hours out in the rain and the strong winds today. Dont hear me complaining.

But it was really wet and blowy.

Er, Robles for me. Not cos he was the best player, but cos it was obvious the whole back line were so much more assured.

And he kept hugging players when they won a header or blocked a shot

I love that me. Screams at them when he doesn't like something too, properly commands his area and defence.

Lennon for me. Work rate sets the tone for the rest of them. Can't go wrong with anyone this week tbf.

Never looked in danger today, totally dominated a team that was above us on their patch...with players missing. Whole team performance, Lennon gets my MOTM...but how glad are you we have Ross...oozes class

...it was obvious the whole back line were so much more assured.

And he kept hugging players when they won a header or blocked a shot.

He was fired up today. Grabbing this chance by the horns.

Edit: oh, and Oviedo baby (toss up with lennon tbh)

Status
Not open for further replies.