Steven Pienaar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oviedo37

Banned at own request
He has just not been the same since he came back from Spurs, slow and doesn't really offer much apart from good link up play with Baines. Think we should give McGeady a run in the team on the left and play Deulofeu on the right. I think Martinez will try and get rid of him in the next couple of years to be honest, apart from his goal against Hull has he really done much this season and will be do much more for us?

I disagree. Still think he is one of our top players. Has this thread been started because of last nights game? Yes he wasn't very good I admit because I don't think he was ready for the game. He will be replaced in time and hopefully with someone with pace but you cannot disagree that he makes Baines a better player and he can hold the ball up very well when needed.

on his day hes as good as you get. i think hes had some good performances so dont agree with the op.
saying that , injury or not , he stank last night .

I disagree. Still think he is one of our top players. Has this thread been started because of last nights game? Yes he wasn't very good I admit because I don't think he was ready for the game. He will be replaced in time and hopefully with someone with pace but you cannot disagree that he makes Baines a better player and he can hold the ball up very well when needed.

No mate, I'm basing it on the whole season + some of last.

He had those first couple of games bombing round beating people and scoring then settled in with his slippers on reverting to looking busy without end product.

A decent mid table player at best but he looks knackered now.

(there's a few of them in our first team mind, got shown up last night that's for sure)

I think bit of fitness an niggling injuries have played their part! He's defo decent still an has a few years left in him at the top! Patience y'all

p.s - it was when he cut his hair he went crud ;)

I think bit of fitness an niggling injuries have played their part! He's defo decent still an has a few years left in him at the top! Patience y'all

p.s - it was when he cut his hair he went crud ;)

Let's hope the same doesn't happen to Rom!

He has just not been the same since he came back from Spurs, slow and doesn't really offer much apart from good link up play with Baines. Think we should give McGeady a run in the team on the left and play Deulofeu on the right. I think Martinez will try and get rid of him in the next couple of years to be honest, apart from his goal against Hull has he really done much this season and will be do much more for us?

For those that know my opinion on Baines, forgive me for the repetition...

I totally and utterly disagree with you here mate.

He's NEVER going to get you more than 5 goals a year. He's highly unlikely to get you more than 5 assists.

It's these two points which I believe lead people like yourself mate to state that, in a word, he's cr@p.

Steven Pienaar is, on the ball, our best player (soon to be displaced by Barkley I must add).

He was worse than bad last night, but he look about 25% fit. He was risked and it didn't pay off.

He is one of the few players we have that can take the ball, under pressure or not, ANYWHERE on the pitch and distribute it sensibly.

His performance against Arsenal was only slightly shy of perfect. Between the lines of arsenals back four and midfield, he linked with the forwards and Oviedo brilliantly. Against Southampton he was fantastic too. There's other games, like Hull, where he's come on and made a difference with a piece of brilliance.

His partnership with Baines is still the best in the league.

I don't mean to rant mate, because it's a forum and your entitled to your opinion... It's just I think that being an everton fan is more than being a utd fan or, dare I say it, a kopites where players abilities are based on their goal/assist stats. We recognise and appreciate quality, and Steven pienaar is quality.

For those that know my opinion on Baines, forgive me for the repetition...

I totally and utterly disagree with you here mate.

He's NEVER going to get you more than 5 goals a year. He's highly unlikely to get you more than 5 assists.

It's these two points which I believe lead people like yourself mate to state that, in a word, he's cr@p.

Steven Pienaar is, on the ball, our best player (soon to be displaced by Barkley I must add).

He was worse than bad last night, but he look about 25% fit. He was risked and it didn't pay off.

He is one of the few players we have that can take the ball, under pressure or not, ANYWHERE on the pitch and distribute it sensibly.

His performance against Arsenal was only slightly shy of perfect. Between the lines of arsenals back four and midfield, he linked with the forwards and Oviedo brilliantly. Against Southampton he was fantastic too. There's other games, like Hull, where he's come on and made a difference with a piece of brilliance.

His partnership with Baines is still the best in the league.

I don't mean to rant mate, because it's a forum and your entitled to your opinion... It's just I think that being an everton fan is more than being a utd fan or, dare I say it, a kopites where players abilities are based on their goal/assist stats. We recognise and appreciate quality, and Steven pienaar is quality.

All about opinions mate! I love the lad and want him to be back to his best but I'm just not too sure what he offers to our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.