Stephane M'Bia

Status
Not open for further replies.
got this from Africa News.

Stéphane Mbia
Stéphane Mbia Etoundi, 22, born in Yaounde is a defensive midfielder and currently plays for French club Stade Rennais. Mbia is also capable of filling in at right back. He is a good dribbler and makes superb long-range passes. He played for Kadji Sports Academy, KSA, Douala, before going international.

and this from an unofficial United site.

UNITED and City are on collision course in a mega-bucks battle for fast rising Cameroon star Stephane Mbia.

The 21-year-old Rennes defensive midfielder, who can also play at right back, is attracting interest across Europe.

But the player, whose value could reach £10m, says that both Manchester clubs have already been in contact.

Mbia has two years left on his contract at the French club but will consider his future at the Stade de la Route de Lorient at the end of the season.

"I'll think at the end of the year if the big offers I'm receiving are still up to date," he said.

"I've had contact from teams in England and Italy. There are contacts with Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool and in Spain there is Barcelona as well.

"For the moment I'm not thinking of it and I will stay with Rennes. I'll rely on people like general manager Pierre Dreossi, who knows me and my parents very well. Then it'll be me who takes a decision."

Mbia would fit the bill for both Reds boss Sir Alex Ferguson as he mulls over business in the summer.

Ferguson is always seeking to add more youth to United's senior squad and Mbia fits the profile of a young, mobile, athletic and powerful player.

The Reds are well equipped in midfield at present but Paul Scholes is now 33 and the six foot-plus Mbia has the added attraction of being a capable right- back. United are looking to bring a defender in as insurance with Gary Neville only just on the brink of a senior return after 12 months out and Wes Brown's Old Trafford contract saga very much unresolved.

Sounds like the answer to our prayers....an upgraded phil neville.

DM / RB, that can dribble and pass...errr yes please Moyes snap him up!

28 May - Nyarko plus £3M for Essien? Bastia say no

i think i detect where that plan failed.
i do know a bird in renne who's a right go'er, think it might be worth getting her to go and set a honeytrap ?

Last edited:

Sound like a player we are looking for, and I certainly don't mind taking Brown off Man U, think we could have him back-up for CB and playin RB as well.

Sound like a player we are looking for, and I certainly don't mind taking Brown off Man U, think we could have him back-up for CB and playin RB as well.

Brown has just signed a new deal...interest over on that front I think.

Brown has just signed a new deal...interest over on that front I think.

Haha, Brown is just a close temp. replacement we should look for a longer term one with better quality, Neville and Hibbert both are not good enough especially if we are looking to win the title in the near future, saying that we still needed couple of midfielder before we talk about that.

Haha, Brown is just a close temp. replacement we should look for a longer term one with better quality, Neville and Hibbert both are not good enough especially if we are looking to win the title in the near future, saying that we still needed couple of midfielder before we talk about that.

No I agree, I would've loved to have seen Brown in an Everton shirt it's just that there is no chance of that happening whilst he's penned that new deal.

Greetings all, been away a while

His current clubs profile, make of this what you will

http://www.stade-rennais-online.com/Stephane-Mbia.html

"limited technically, but endowed with above average physical abilities, he is rarely passed in one-on-ones, and quick to supply the forwards, he is also noted for a hard shot"

Intretingly Moyes makes reference to adding "sature" to the team in the interview he gave today about Baines, i think we will be looking at players with a physical and height prresence next season. Remeber playing pompey and the size of our midfield v theirs, still won though!

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.