Starting 11 - who misses out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Lampard using 451 to begin with to stop us leaking goals and get our defending sound. After which I think he'll move to either a 433 which allows us to use width a bit more, or 352 and a higher line with Godfrey, Mina, Holgate as the 3. Branthwaite and Keane could come in at times to do a job at the back.

But either way - we'll always need to have three in the middle, I just dont see two in the middle being all that useful in the prem right now.

With the existing squad, Lampard 4-3-3 and the 4 new additions how do you think we’ll line up the next 18 games with a fully fit squad?

Pickford

Patterson Mina Godfrey Mykolenko

Allan

VDB Alli

Richarlison DCL Gray

Subs
Gordon
Doucoure ?
Townsend
Gomes

Lots of pressure on Allan in this formation.

VDB and Alli would not have come without assurances about play time. I think Lampard will play with high full backs in a 4-2-3-1, with Alli in the 10 and VDB deeper, alongside Doucoure or Allan.

Gray and Richarlison either side of DCL.

When there’s a new manager I always think they’ll bring in all of their new signings or a youngster but there’s always one player from the old regime who has stank the gaff out for ages who makes it in to the first 11.
Probably because managers more knowledgeable about the game and players, than you and me, see something in the said players, maybe....

Dele is not a midfielder, people need to realise this, if he plays it's in a front 3 with a solid midfield 3, probably Allan, Doucs and Vdb. Its who misses out up top out of DCL, Richarlison and Gray to accommodate him.
He played behind Kane with Eriksen, out wide and floating around and Son out on the left. And arguably he’s best performances came in that system

So he can play in that set up imo

Think we'll play a 433 most of the time but I know Frank likes to use a diamond at times too so it gives us a lot more options and flexibility. Wouldn't be surprised to see this at times with the width coming from the full backs. Unfortunately it takes out arguably our two best players this season though in Gray and Gordon:

diamond everton.png

With the existing squad, Lampard 4-3-3 and the 4 new additions how do you think we’ll line up the next 18 games with a fully fit squad?

Pickford

Patterson Mina Godfrey Mykolenko

Allan

VDB Alli

Richarlison DCL Gray

Subs
Gordon
Doucoure ?
Townsend
Gomes
Are we hoping to win every game 8-7?

As always it will be whoever is injured at any given time will probably miss out. When have we had the chance this season to play our best 11? The difference is that we have way better depth now meaning wasters like Iwobi should never get close to the first XI

midfields [Poor language removed] enough as it is

just stick allan there and play Gordon Alli and Gray in behind Richarlison and DCL

like an 8 year old on fifa

UTFT

Think we'll play a 433 most of the time but I know Frank likes to use a diamond at times too so it gives us a lot more options and flexibility. Wouldn't be surprised to see this at times with the width coming from the full backs. Unfortunately it takes out arguably our two best players this season though in Gray and Gordon:

View attachment 154404
Can’t see that mate, we’ll not be wearing red for a start

perhaps a thought. If (and its a big if...) Richy is off at the end of the season could Lampards have brought in Dele Alli as a replacement. If it works out with DCL the way it did with Kane, if it doesn't then we dont pay the add-ons and we can go get someone additional in the summer after Richy goes. But in the next 20 games he tries Alli off DCL when Richy comes off grumpy after toiling for 65 minutes.
Just an idea.
I also think alli can double up as a wider midfield player/striker if we have our inevitable injury crisis in late February.

I like that but VDB isnt our player, we dont have an option to buy, for me if we start him every week and he has a great season all United will do is take him back and get the benefit. Rather give our players game time, nothing against the player i hope he does well, but once we are safe we start planning for next season, chances are he might not be here, which is a shame really, United havent treated him well at all
So best not to play him then in case he's good?

Status
Not open for further replies.