Status
Not open for further replies.
My starting 11 would be.

………………..Pickford…………..

Patterson….Mina…..Godfrey…..Mykolenko

……….vDB….. ………Allan…………
…………….. .Dele…………..

Richy…………..Dom……………..Gray

This looks a vulnerable but super positive team. Probably worth a go as being super negative hasn’t been working out.

Today is the first day the new manager and his staff will work with the Everton squad.
Frank Lampard could probably not pick the team himself today. I expect they will rely heavily on Duncan Ferguson until they have had a chance to work with the players. We probably won't see huge changes initially as that could make things worse rather than better.

Over time you will see the team and the style that FL wants start to develop.

Today is the first day the new manager and his staff will work with the Everton squad.
Frank Lampard could probably not pick the team himself today. I expect they will rely heavily on Duncan Ferguson until they have had a chance to work with the players. We probably won't see huge changes initially as that could make things worse rather than better.

Over time you will see the team and the style that FL wants start to develop.
Lampard will already know his team. He said he’s been watching from a far. It’s up to those who he hasn’t been impressed with to impress

Dele will play behind the striker surely. His best performances come from being up the pitch and linking with a striker.

This looks a vulnerable but super positive team. Probably worth a go as being super negative hasn’t been working out.
Yeah hopefully playing on the front foot will also mean the opposition creat less. because they are under pressure from Everton attacks.

Who does he drop then? Gray? Richarlison? DCL?
Not Gray, he has to start every game without question right now, but DCL and Richarlison have to keep there places, if they are starting and offering little we have options to either make early changes on games or fully rotate

My starting 11 would be.

………………..Pickford…………..

Patterson….Mina…..Godfrey…..Mykolenko

……….vDB….. ………Allan…………
…………….. .Dele…………..

Richy…………..Dom……………..Gray
I like that but VDB isnt our player, we dont have an option to buy, for me if we start him every week and he has a great season all United will do is take him back and get the benefit. Rather give our players game time, nothing against the player i hope he does well, but once we are safe we start planning for next season, chances are he might not be here, which is a shame really, United havent treated him well at all

Dele is not a midfielder, people need to realise this, if he plays it's in a front 3 with a solid midfield 3, probably Allan, Doucs and Vdb. Its who misses out up top out of DCL, Richarlison and Gray to accommodate him.

My view exactly mate, but what a nice problem to have for once. I'm only worried about the centre backs and against public opinion I'd love to see a partenership with Keane and Mina work. Keane's stunk recently as nothing is ever settled at the back due to Minas fitness. Keane still could be a bloody good centre half who I'd hate to write off just yet. I prefer him to anyone else bar Yerry.

FWIW, in an ideal and hypothetical world where everyone is fit for a game, I think our best side, as of right now today the 1st of February, is....

Pickford
Coleman Keane Mina Mykolenko
Doucoure Alli VDB
Gray DCL Richarlison

I think Patterson takes over right back soon, and I think Mykolenko takes over Godfrey soon. Allan obviously plays while Doucoure is injured, and at times we will need to play a more balanced midfield with Allan and Doucoure or Doucoure & Davies etc with one of Alli and VDB. Alli can also play in the front 3 flexibly at times and I expect to see him do that. We are going to have injuries, we are going to have suspensions, we are going to need subs to impact football matches.

For the first time in a long time, we can have different ways of playing. Whether it all clicks quickly, that's hard to say, but let's hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.