Stanley Park up for grabs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenada_blue

Welcome to Barcelonaton FC
RS seem to be set on a 150mill redevelopment of Klanfield.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2207238/Liverpool-opt-end-stadium-saga-150m-plan-stay-Anfield.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

While our current board couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery, does that mean Stanley Park will be up for grabs that they should be looking at in regards to a new ground?

Bill could always try and raise the funds for a Inflatable stadium , and say to the council Me and my fellow board members want to pump it up in Stanley park , just to see what they say etc

Do you think the council would let US build a stadium on Stanley park even if we had the money to do such a thing?

No, neither do I!

I think it unlikely FSG are going to do anything like that suggested. They know they can bide their time and wait for a buyer to emerge who can give them the money they paid to take the debt on and a few hundred million on top. They got that club for a steal. Why on earth would they go to all the disruption of a partial-rebuilding of Anfield? I doubt it'd help squeeze a bit more out of any buyer, and naming rights for an old estalished stadium isn't going to happen. They had to **** or get off the pot over the Stanley Park plans so they'll just kick it into the long grass and eventually blame the council before selling up. Both Everton and Liverpool have owners who just aren't interested in a stadium build right now.

A lot easier to get loans ect for a stadium as apposed to player purchases ect.

It's what arsenal did. Our main problem is the loans we already have making us run at a 5M loss after intrest payments. If we were to not have those current loans we could get loans for a stadium and be able to handle the repayments. As it stands we can't take on more loan repayments running alongside current ones!

If nothing else, the council have made a rod for their own back by allowing Liverpool to build a stadium on Stanley Park, which means they can't knock back any future application for the land from us you'd think.

So I think that the two options moving forward will be a redevelopment of Goodison Park or a new stadium on Stanley Park. Neither of which, of course, will happen under Kenwright.

I do feel if someone with some play cash bought us now built a stadium on Stanley park and invested a reasonable amount in the team... We could leave Liverpool behind us for many years!

Can but dream..

Status
Not open for further replies.