Stadium Stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiler

Player Valuation: £100m
Football Quarter on BBC 5live

5live%20logo.jpg

The recent BBC 5live broadcast, from Liverpool JMU, heard Mark Pougatch chair a debate on the future of football in Liverpool.

Witnessed by several hundred invited guests the panel included KEIOC’s chair Dave Kelly who was joined by Spirit of Shankly supporter Pete Hooton and Liverpool University Professor Tom Cannon.

Pete Hooton was surprised by the apparent level of media interest in a shared stadium as he couldn’t think of a single Liverpool supporter who was in favour whilst Dave questioned who the media were actually advocating we share with as neither club nor the vast majority of fans appeared to embrace the prospect.

After co-presenter Colin Murray claimed it made economic sense and that having the likes of U2 playing in a massive shared stadium would be lucrative the KEIOC secretary stepped in to dismiss the economic fallacy through pointing out the clubs separate target markets, massive economic disparity and how the football quarter would be much more beneficial and empathetic to the needs of the clubs and their supporters.

These comments by Dave and Colin carried full audience support including much agreement from Rogan Taylor and Tom Cannon; Tom concluded the programme by stating:

“The most creative thing that I've heard has not come from either of the clubs or I dare I say even the University which is disappointing, it has come from KEIOC and Spirit of Shankly, coming up with this idea of a Sports Zone; unless you have something creative you're not going to crack that financial problem."

Rogan Taylor had previously left a message on the FQ petition site, stating:

“A great idea; something which expresses the core of our city culture - something which could entirely rejuvenate the area - and a unique selling point for Liverpool.”
Everyone in attendance were given a copy of the Football Quarter promotional leaflet which can be read here.

The debate can be heard here.

Still just an idea that they are putting forward though, for someone else to then come up with the solution to, I've looked at the stuff and then not posted it on here cos basically apart from the idea of a 1/4, they aren't giving any ideas regarding the stadium whatsoever, or who would fund it etc etc, they are just putting the concept into the domain and thats all.
The thing with a joint stadium wether fans would want it or not is that they could get lcc to put towards it as a venue for the city, there are probably grants available for a single stadium as well, whereas to ask for funding for 2 at the same time just wont happen. The r/s are still of the opinion that Hicksville will sprout from the ground like a weed in your borders, they cant see that the whole thing is doomed.
Has that 60 days ticked over yet ? or is there a token spade stuck in the dirt in Stanley Park.

Just found it intresting to see who was involved i remember a lot of KEIOC'ers being very critical of Pro Tom and as for Rogan Josh being involved!

who Rogan the football fans mouthpiece ? What the feck does he care about us ? answer... zip.

Him and Hooten the portrait carrier, couldn't give a flyin' about us and probably only want the 1/4 thing to be pushed forward to get approved and then stab us in the backs to get it all to fund their hole.
Trust them not.

Professor bowl head Cannon has changed his tune about Keioc hasn't he? I remember Cannon when he was interviewed on Radio Merseyside the night Tescodome was called in by the Govnt in 2008 and hysterically accused Keioc of costing the club tens of millions. Now he's having a go at the club and declaring Keioc visionaries.

Hang on another five minutes he'll change his mind again. :oops:

Some have changed their mind all right!

Professor Tom was compromised during the Kirkby stadium period. His company are well embroiled with Knowsley Council offering business advice to them.

Now he works for the University of Liverpool as a lecturer - the university that would be a part of the football quarter.

See a pattern emerging?

:oops:

watch this for a waste of a stadium that once looked like this...
old_stadium1.jpg

Cowboys%20Stadium.jpg

[video=youtube;y7Xy1wVHgic]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7Xy1wVHgic[/video]
they say that the hole in the roof was "so that god could watch the cowboys play"
they have replaced it like, and that is a hd screen up top.....
madden-10-opens-new-cowboys-stadium-20090810032119335_640w.jpg

cowboys.600.jpg

So are we getting a new stadium or not??

If someone could answer now, that would probably save me a lot of time and anguish over the next few years.

Right, lets make this a "what we want our stadium to be like thread"

Good shouts from Reidy and Neiler

San-Siro-Stadium-001.jpg

gelsenkirchenstadium2_large.jpg

pic4_dortmund_stadium.jpg

One of those would be nice

Football Quarter on BBC 5live

5live%20logo.jpg

The recent BBC 5live broadcast, from Liverpool JMU, heard Mark Pougatch chair a debate on the future of football in Liverpool.

Witnessed by several hundred invited guests the panel included KEIOC’s chair Dave Kelly who was joined by Spirit of Shankly supporter Pete Hooton and Liverpool University Professor Tom Cannon.

Pete Hooton was surprised by the apparent level of media interest in a shared stadium as he couldn’t think of a single Liverpool supporter who was in favour whilst Dave questioned who the media were actually advocating we share with as neither club nor the vast majority of fans appeared to embrace the prospect.

After co-presenter Colin Murray claimed it made economic sense and that having the likes of U2 playing in a massive shared stadium would be lucrative the KEIOC secretary stepped in to dismiss the economic fallacy through pointing out the clubs separate target markets, massive economic disparity and how the football quarter would be much more beneficial and empathetic to the needs of the clubs and their supporters.

These comments by Dave and Colin carried full audience support including much agreement from Rogan Taylor and Tom Cannon; Tom concluded the programme by stating:

“The most creative thing that I've heard has not come from either of the clubs or I dare I say even the University which is disappointing, it has come from KEIOC and Spirit of Shankly, coming up with this idea of a Sports Zone; unless you have something creative you're not going to crack that financial problem."

Rogan Taylor had previously left a message on the FQ petition site, stating:

“A great idea; something which expresses the core of our city culture - something which could entirely rejuvenate the area - and a unique selling point for Liverpool.”
Everyone in attendance were given a copy of the Football Quarter promotional leaflet which can be read here.

The debate can be heard here.

I went . Lost the paper though . I had tickets for Danny as well . He was working .
The night one was better . With Mick Fitz' ansd A.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.