Votes: 100 36.2%
  • No, Marco will be worth the lawsuit

Votes: 56 20.3%
  • It's just pre-season you div

Votes: 152 55.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
it would be very bad if we go into the prem with keane, jagielka, williams and holgate as our only centre halves

that is a recipe not just for disaster but for relegation

none of them are good enough

holgate may prosper alongside a proper centre back

So, to recap...since December: - on our travels:

an appalling 0-0 draw at (to be relegated) West Brom, 1-2 defeat at Bournemouth, 1-2 cup defeat at Liverpool, a dismal 0-4 defeat at Spurs, a pathetic 1-5 defeat at Arsenal, a 0-1 defeat at Watford, a 1-2 defeat at Burnley - a brief hiatus of a 2-1 win against 10 men (to be relegated) Stoke, a 1-1 draw at (to be relegated) Swansea, a 2-0 win at Huddersfield.. and a 1-3 defeat at West Ham..

and, now, with a clean slate.. (after whipping a bunch of farmers 22-0).. a scarcely credible 1-1 draw at Bury, a defeat on penalties to a rank poor Lille, a 0-1 defeat at Porto, a pathetic 0-3 defeat at Blackburn and a 1-4 defeat at Stade Rennais..

And you all keep telling me that everything is ok?

+14 GD this preseason

I wasn't worried because it was preseason but the defence was ripped apart there.

We seem to be getting worse with each preseason game & am concerned the game plan does not match the players available. Praying Brands gets some reinforcements over the line.

I am clutching to the straw that we were missing Pickford, Holgate and Walcott plus we have four or five new signings lined up next week.
After that performance I need something to keep me going.

Coleman..our best player by some distance.
Jagielka/Keane ...one as bad as the other.
Baines... just not the player he was, offers very little going forward now.
Schneiderlin... marginally better than Wednesday night, but I still am not sure what he is supposed to be doing.
Gueye.... another to come out with some credit.. played his usual high energy game.
Sigurdsson..half the time I didn't even realise he was playing.
Sandro... full of industry without doing very much.
Tosun... poor.
Richarlison...did well again,will be a good player in a good team if we ever get that again.
I have to agree with all of this. Opposition teams have obviously seen our inability to break down a packed defense at the same time as being vulnerable to a swift counter attack. So they defend indepth and mount swift counter attacks. They only have to score a couple and it's game over.

I know nothing about football management so this may be a load of tosh by the way. :blush::blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.