Votes: 100 36.2%
  • No, Marco will be worth the lawsuit

Votes: 56 20.3%
  • It's just pre-season you div

Votes: 152 55.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm normally always in the "pre-season means nothing" camp, but there's only one pre-season game left and even though there's only one new player in the squad, this lot look like they've never met each other.
Defensively we are absolutely all over the place. The issues we were having with Martinez - full backs bombing on and leaving our centre backs exposed - are back with a vengeance. Except now it's worse, because Jags' legs (and, inexplicably, his upper body strength) seem to have gone completely and Michael Keane is absolutely dismal.

The midfield is utterly anonymous. No one is stamping their authority on the game and we can't keep he ball.

Tosun now has more support (which he was constantly moaning about under Allardyce) but it's not really happening for him, and the added support is contributing to the defensive exposure.

I never wanted Sam Allardyce as Everton manager and still don't. But this pre-season in demonstrating why we had to play like we did under him. We are simply not good enough or balanced enough to play free-flowing attacking football. Anyone half decent will rip us to shreds with a little bit of pressing and a good counter-attack ignore set up.

None of this is Silva's fault btw. We have to get behind him because I'm more and more convinced that he's inherited a group of players which is rotting from the core outwards.

Ok superfan. I’m sure your were having a good laugh at us last pre season when we were awful and then were shocked at how bad we were when the season started.

If not slating every player and want them sold on the basis of a preseason game is a super fan, I guess I am.

Now ask someone kindly to help change you.

If not slating every player and want them sold on the basis of a preseason game is a super fan, I guess I am.

Now ask someone kindly to help change you.

I don’t ever mock Everton fans for being concerned about our results and performances. It’s pre season, but there is nothing about the season just past that suggests this lot are playing below their level right now. Lots of them are terrible.

this is the workout at the gym , not the big day at mr universe.
first you can tell the players are being worked hard, second we just tired in the last 15.

so im not overly fussed about the score. but this is still the same team with the same problems from last season , the problems being personnel.
a new manager isn't going to turn half a squad of dross into world beaters (although I think he is working on a couple)

attitude and desire , key players lack both completely.
look at schneiderlin's lack of determination for their third goal , he was pathetic and it summed him up for the last 12 months.
keane , for a player who looks around and points a lot, its amazing how unaware he is of what is happening around him. the strikers lost him at will. he was pointless and key to pretty much every goal conceded , and jags had the look of a player who knew he was doing the work of 2 cb's .
stekelenburg , robles was 10 times the keeper he is.
siggurdsson , just a dead weight who doesn't do enough and has no impact or charisma in open play for too much of the game time.

get shot of all 4 along with Ashley the clown Williams and we will see a vast improvement in heart attitude desire and performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.