Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on Ghost.

We've got a great squad at the moment. One or two new midfielders would be the icing on the cake ;)

It would mate, 29 sounds about right to me as well, enough to cover injuries and allow Moyes to rest and rotate the squad.

still... outside the top 15, we arent very strong for backups... but still better than recent seasons

Yep as has been said many times before now, this is the best squad since the 80's, and its getting better all the time. My only realy concern now is that we still lack width in the midfield.

Barring VDM there are no real wingers in there and if Moyes does have £12M right now I would love it if he could sign an exciting winger, that would certainly help with the goals and wingers always lift the crowd too.

I remember Howard Kendall talking about how important wingers are to a team and how inneffective a good side is without them. Thats highlighted even more in this day and age with now more teams using wing backs as well as traditional wide men in midfield.

http://www.evertonfc.com/match/everton-squad.html

Ok we have a 27 man squad. 5 new signings technically, 8 if you include Howard, Da Silva and Lukas.

So if reports are to be believed about Vogel, and perhaps another luxury midfielder to relieve the pressure from Arteta, our squad could rise to 29. Personally, I am happy with that.

we are very light.

alot of those players don't have premiership experience and haven't played much. Da Silva is farmed out. Vidarsson and Boyle not ready to be relied upon just yet. Lukas too young. And four of the 27 players goalkeepers leaving us still very light on numbers.

We need to bring in three players before the window shuts - one good purchase and a couple of loans perhaps or the vogel deal.

Currently have 15 senior outfield players available for a contest in europe, carling cup, fa cup and premier league. Take away Yobo, Anichebe and Yakubu early next year for the African Cup and that would be 12 outfield players (presuming the level of injury would remain the same).

You can't rotate 12 players can you - these players are going to play a shitload of games - increasing the likelihood of injuries.

There's having a small tight, focused squad - and then there's the current everton squad.

Ah well, on the positive side, as I keep saying, deadwood at an all time low, and there's plenty of stuff to be optomistic about.

Status
Not open for further replies.