Spurs have done what we should’ve done after 2004/5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not having a pop mate as I know you are on here regularly talking a lot of sense but arnt you a little bit worried about Pochettino?
He looks to me like a man who is running out of ideas and the team as a whole look like they are starting to go backwards.
He is a good manager but not a great one.
Of course I could be wrong and might still have the hump over the champions league final.

Something does seem a bit off this season. Can't put my finger on it though.

Spurs had Joe Lewis on board from early 2001, took a controlling interest via ENIC with Levy fronting it up a few years later. They had interests in a few football clubs, but focussed on the opportunities in Premiership. Of course they had a clear plan to maximise opportunities in the Premiership with a new stadium and global partners. A shrewd businessman fro ting the football side of things and a billionaire sat back advising strategy in the Bahamas.

We were skint, an owner who had to secure finance to balance the books, sold the Crown Jewels in Rooney to survive, happy just to be in the Premiership. Spurs had a clear plan, new ground, maximise revenues, take advantage of their Capital location. You reap what you sow. They have won bugger all mind you, but their owner enjoys huge riches on the back of their commercial success. The fans see themselves as winners without winning because they are there or their about. I get the comparisons, we are just fifteen years behind in a less favourable economic environment.

I attended all the games that season mate, we deserved it we weren’t lucky.
My point was we got 61 points. I bet that’s the lowest number of points to get champions league football. Teams like Middlesbrough and Bolton were challenging us. Liverpool obviously were more concerned Witt the champions league.

Tbf we didn't have the pull nor finances of Spurs back in 04-05. Our best chance to try to bridge the gap would've been around the time moshiri came in and we could compete financially for once but where Spurs made all the right decisions on management and players and we made all the wrong ones

Spurs appears to make a profit on their transfer dealing while we make a loss on our dealings. We also waste the money on windfalls from the sale of John Stones and Lukaku.

Spurs management have faith in their youth system.

Spurs actively use the loan system to develop their youngster and squad members.

Spurs bought fewer players in recent years - therefore easier to integrate them in the team.

Spurs Chairman has strong negotiating skills and doesn't suffer fools gladly unlike our lot.

Spurs appears to make a profit on their transfer dealing while we make a loss on our dealings. We also waste the money on windfalls from the sale of John Stones and Lukaku.

Spurs management have faith in their youth system.

Spurs actively use the loan system to develop their youngster and squad members.

Spurs bought fewer players in recent years - therefore easier to integrate them in the team.

Spurs Chairman has strong negotiating skills and doesn't suffer fools gladly unlike our lot.
You really are an undisputed blue!

They win nothing people say.But Spurs have a new stadium built, they regularly qualify for champions league football, and as we saw last year they qualify for champions league finals.I think we'd all love to see Everton achieve that sort of relative success.Our failure to kick on from the Martinez 72 point season, has been and remains quite embarrassing to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.