SportsPesa apology to Everton fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toffeeslam

Player Valuation: £35m
sorry if this already discussed but our shirt sponsor Sport Pesa have apologised for the daft tweet they sent after the last game

The Kenyan-based betting firm, which also has a partnership with the Gunners, sent the message to "the fans of Everton Football Club", part of which read:

"We owe you an apology.

We have to be honest in admitting that the tweet you saw yesterday should never have gone out and we are deeply sorry for any offence this has caused. We have reviewed and will revise our internal policies and processes, especially in relation to our other partner clubs, to ensure that this never happens again.

"The sentiment behind the tweet is not reflective of SportPesa or our staff. When we signed out partnership with Everton Football Club it was one of the proudest moments in our history. Our relationship with Evertonians and the people of Merseyside means so much to us.

"We are truly very sorry."

Do you accept the apology?

No.

tenor.gif

No, because they don't have a relationship with Evertonians and the people of Merseyside.

So now they need to apologise for lying, and instead simply admit they have no values beyond making money as a corporate entity.

Just pay us the money for your brand awareness in return and jog on you bunch of bells.

I always thought that they were hardly a classy outfit but that tweet proved it to me. They are just an African Paddy Power using cheap jokes to get a punter interested, so not really bothered

sorry if this already discussed but our shirt sponsor Sport Pesa have apologised for the daft tweet they sent after the last game

The Kenyan-based betting firm, which also has a partnership with the Gunners, sent the message to "the fans of Everton Football Club", part of which read:

"We owe you an apology.

We have to be honest in admitting that the tweet you saw yesterday should never have gone out and we are deeply sorry for any offence this has caused. We have reviewed and will revise our internal policies and processes, especially in relation to our other partner clubs, to ensure that this never happens again.

"The sentiment behind the tweet is not reflective of SportPesa or our staff. When we signed out partnership with Everton Football Club it was one of the proudest moments in our history. Our relationship with Evertonians and the people of Merseyside means so much to us.

"We are truly very sorry."

I neither accept it nor don’t accept it.

The fact we got into bed with a bookie was always a recipe for some kind of embarrassing incident.

Really, I could not care less about SportPesa.

I am still in the corner weeping over the many ,many wrongs heaped upon our mighty but misunderstood football club. I may need to punch a horse and then I will deign to forgive their slight.

Status
Not open for further replies.