Sportpesa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still got that shirt buried at the bottom of the wardrobe somewhere, and this one

715-189.jpg
I still have this kit too. One of my faves

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Complete conjecture.

Their statement doesn’t really back it up either. There was a comment in there (can’t remember the exact wording) that seemed like a snidey little dig at us for sniffing around other sponsors before telling them they were out.

Complete conjecture.

Their statement doesn’t really back it up either. There was a comment in there (can’t remember the exact wording) that seemed like a snidey little dig at us for sniffing around other sponsors before telling them they were out.
Did SportPesa release a statement? Must have missed it.

Did SportPesa release a statement? Must have missed it.
“Following the statement released last night by Everton FC, SportPesa can confirm that its commercial arrangement with the Club will conclude by mutual agreement at the end of the current season after a successful partnership.

We would like to thank Everton FC for their support, in particular for their valued input on an array of charitable projects in Africa.

We understand that this agreement allows Everton to pursue a variety of other commercial arrangements for next season, which we note they are already doing.”

“Following the statement released last night by Everton FC, SportPesa can confirm that its commercial arrangement with the Club will conclude by mutual agreement at the end of the current season after a successful partnership.

We would like to thank Everton FC for their support, in particular for their valued input on an array of charitable projects in Africa.

We understand that this agreement allows Everton to pursue a variety of other commercial arrangements for next season, which we note they are already doing.”
Sounds like we dumped them there.

Beechside is a respected poster over there that has had some inside information in the past. So who knows?

kids kits never had sportpesa on anyway
True, but...as a kid, don't you reckon they'd want exactly what the players are wearing? I think I would have felt short changed wearing a "kids kit" back in my day....In fairness, back in my day, they didn't have advertising so...:(...Nurse, I need more pills!

I'm not sure what you are saying though. For the "market test" not to be met, UEFA would have to argue (at best) the market is wrong, a company is wrong, it's shareholders are wrong, Everton's negotiating team are wrong and that the 4th most successful side in terms of leagues won, the 2nd in terms of points won, the top side in terms of seasons played etc are actually not entitled to a sponsorship in line with say the 5th/6th side. It doesn't take a genius to realise that won't stand from a legal standpoint.

That will be UEFA's biggest problem if they tried to act over us (which they won't). All the b/s and nonsense generated by sky sports and the modern media is discounted. We deal in facts. And Everton are strong in that position.
The facts you state, are indeed facts. Can't argue with them (and don't want to, proud of them).
Perhaps we're coming at it from different standpoints. I'm looking at it from the sponsors perspective. Whilst I agree that history is important to a brand, it is not the be all and end all. Companies do it also, and in the main, for brand awareness in the here and now i.e. How often and where will my brand be seen (shirt sales and tv). This is where Everton are still way behind the others due primarily to kitbag (our only awareness is online and not in shops worldwide as others are) and also recent success on the pitch (or lack of).
To understand how uefa judge it, is not easy, unless we speculate or are part of the process. That said, they will try and judge it based on facts and what you say is relevant, as is what I think. That's why I believe around 20m per season (100% increase in revenue) could be reasonable and arguable but more in my mind would be questionable (at the beginning).

In life in general any deal is worth what you can get for it. Bloody hard to argue that if Megafon or other, want to put in 50 million, why should they not be allowed to, as long as the money comes from the company concerned and the deal appears above board. If people want to buy stuff off me at 200% over what they could pay, why would I discourage them?

City's fault was that the money they said was coming from a sponsor, was coming from the owner - disguised as sponsorship. If the money had been paid by the sponsor, then no action was possible.

Incidentally, glad to see the back of Sportpesa, a poor man's PaddyPower - and they are crap too. Personally would like to see EiTC on the shirt, with a small strapline, sponsored by XXX, where XXX have loads of money and would have this altruistic nature. Can't see it, but that is what I would want.

Status
Not open for further replies.