SportPesa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brought back a few memories that mate.
Sat at me late nan's.
She gave me my own slip to put the crosses in.

And Spot the ball..
spot the ball , utter madness that !

some people had a rubber stamp to do it with , I think with several balls on it !

who the hell marked all the entries ???!!

Unlike sports direct and Newcastle?

I don't know hpw much that is all worth ?? they don't spend any of it do they.

im sure that's just for ashleys benefit rather than newcastles

owners of the club can not just sponsor their club with unlimited amounts through their other companies

I don't know hpw much that is all worth ?? they don't spend any of it do they.

im sure that's just for ashleys benefit rather than newcastles

owners of the club can not just sponsor their club with unlimited amounts through their other companies
You can sponsor your club with one of your brands but it has to be within reasonable levels. City are in trouble for it at the moment and rumours that we are being looked at too.

So say we currently get £8m a year or whatever it is from SportPesa, USM could sponsor us for similar or a bit more. But if they suddenly gave us £20m+ a year it would be looked at and we’d likely get punished.

You can sponsor your club with one of your brands but it has to be within reasonable levels. City are in trouble for it at the moment and rumours that we are being looked at too.

So say we currently get £8m a year or whatever it is from SportPesa, USM could sponsor us for similar or a bit more. But if they suddenly gave us £20m+ a year it would be looked at and we’d likely get punished.

USM already sponsor our training ground though??

you don't have to gamble, its not law
Yes but it is pushed. You have cheeky bet on the National every year then you offered free bets. This is like 80s when parents would tell you that dealer give you your first try of drugs free so you are instantly hooked.
It’s on every advert on sky sports.

Interesting that The Guardian hasn't allowed comments on it either, probably because they know a lot of Blues would take them to task over it for that very reason

Prob don’t want to have the risk of libel action.

SportPesa have extended their sponsorship to many other popular sports, I was at Chester Races and they sponsored the majority of the races, they are in Formula 1 with Force India, the Boxing.....as well as the football. None of which will have come cheaply, so their income streams must be sufficient to cover this outlay (or would have been!). No doubt their reputation takes a hammering when doubts are raised about their business practices....and by implication it’s not helpful through the association we’ve created. One to watch!
Unless of course they have gambled on it being a success.

Status
Not open for further replies.