SportPesa

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a contract with a sponsor. There is a much better sponsor waiting in the wings. If you were to have a wild guess at who instigated the complaints about our sponsor....what would you think?
Was it Chelsea ?

It's usually them.

Was it Chelsea ?

It's usually them.

Come on now. USM are increasing their sponsorship of Everton very slowly but whenever possible. It is obvious that their real target is our shirt sponsorship. If I was a major player in the sponsorship game, and wanted to get rid of a current sponsor,and it was possible to discredit them in some way......etc....etc....Only my opinion, of course, but certainly not outside the realms of possibility. We are talking about big players here. Lets face it, just being sponsored by a betting company is not in its self a problem(We were effectively sponsored by Littlewoods for years, and it wasn't the clothing catalogue!) but chuck Kenyan kids into the mix and doubts will quickly arise. And rightly so. No smoke without fire......news, fake or real, once reported, tends to stick.

Possibly could be a tax thing with the Kenyan gov.
From what I understand the reason they are in trouble is down to the Kenyan govt. It sounds like they have stopped Sportpesa and another Kenyan based gambling company from accepting any card payments, effectively stopping their income stream. Their negotiations with the Kenyan Government are around having that ban lifted. It's been in place for about a week now so finances are getting tight and I would guess people are now starting to empty their accounts with them.

I know if Skybet was in danger of going under my £50 would be whipped out quickety split.

Because conspiring with a company to do over your current sponsor can only help your reputation when making future deals.

Maybe take the tinfoil hat off.

Who said anyone was 'conspiring'? Contracts are terminated in business all the time for various reasons. But nobody on here is accusing anybody of anything. Its all just speculation/opinion. Like the whole 'Usamanov to Everton 'scenario' If he's half way in through Finch Farm,you can bet he'd like to be further in. Its a bit like sex...its far more satisfactory to be all the way in than half way in.;)

We have a contract with a sponsor. There is a much better sponsor waiting in the wings. If you were to have a wild guess at who instigated the complaints about our sponsor....what would you think?
Who's waiting in the wings?

Who said anyone was 'conspiring'? Contracts are terminated in business all the time for various reasons. But nobody on here is accusing anybody of anything. Its all just speculation/opinion. Like the whole 'Usamanov to Everton 'scenario' If he's half way in through Finch Farm,you can bet he'd like to be further in. Its a bit like sex...its far more satisfactory to be all the way in than half way in.;)

Speak for yourself Chief - premature ejaculation means half way is as good as it gets for me

Like any reputable company would go anywhere near us if there was an ounce of truth in that.

Come on now. USM are increasing their sponsorship of Everton very slowly but whenever possible. It is obvious that their real target is our shirt sponsorship. If I was a major player in the sponsorship game, and wanted to get rid of a current sponsor,and it was possible to discredit them in some way......etc....etc....Only my opinion, of course, but certainly not outside the realms of possibility. We are talking about big players here. Lets face it, just being sponsored by a betting company is not in its self a problem(We were effectively sponsored by Littlewoods for years, and it wasn't the clothing catalogue!) but chuck Kenyan kids into the mix and doubts will quickly arise. And rightly so. No smoke without fire......news, fake or real, once reported, tends to stick.

Cant see USM wanting to spend money on something they could get another company to do.

You have to have some external sources of income otherwise the Premier League will start asking questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.