Match Thread Southampton v Everton (Sunday 25 October 14:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
CARLO MOTD INTERVIEW

Saints boss MOTD Interview

Problem is the strength of a squad will determine where we finish and we lack in areas

Completely agree - a couple of injuries/suspensions and today is what is likely to happen, if those picked don't work, run hard and look after the ball better.

Still think Carlo has had a bit of a mare today - just hope he sees through the shiesters like siggy and iwobbly now, I'd sooner play bloody kids than them two.

Delph might now be a better shout in midfield than siggy, and that's quite scary!

To be fair, I, nearly 67 and talentless, would have been a much better solution than Iwobi. At least the other 10 players would have known they couldn't rely on me.
I think you are being guilty of overmodesty...did you not play football at a professional level.? I am certain we have a member who has played at a very high level and he would be about your vintage.

I appreciate our hands are tied defensively, but it's been a theme all season. Something wrong with how many times they were able to play an easy pass through our midfield.

Allan has been diving in in most games. He's not a natural sitter. It's an asset but a big flaw to the 4-3-3.

It's why Richarlison is so crucial as an outball. Gets us away on the break so many times.

There's a lot of work to be done. We knew that anyway, today was confirmed it.

Keane and Mina had very little to do with why we just lost that game mate. Two of our better players if anything.

Well, Keane lets the pass to Ward-Prowse straight through his legs for their first goal and Mina was at sixes and sevens most of the match - with Redmond, Ings, Adams running at him.

Bad performance from all of them.

Not defending JR , he was out of it today as was DCL.
However, this was a chance for Iwobi to make a case for his inclusion or at least make a case that in the event of an injury that he was a more than capable replacement.
He showed nothing and coming off at half time tells you what CA thought.
Probably that he can’t pull James.

tenor.gif

Haha I’ve got no issue with Digne mate. He’s fully committed. He was a bit frustrated today you could see.

DCL reverted to use usual. He had absolutely no service. Don’t know what you expected from him.
Simple! Forage for the ball, win it, dribble round four defenders and the goalie, then smash it in. Now that's
what Jimmy Greaves used to do, and Alf Ramsey wouldn't pick him.

Status
Not open for further replies.