Match Thread Southampton v Everton (Sunday 25 October 14:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got criticised on here for having the cheek to suggest we play Nkounkou on the left wing for todays game, I believe he would have been a much better solution than Iwobi.
To be fair, I, nearly 67 and talentless, would have been a much better solution than Iwobi. At least the other 10 players would have known they couldn't rely on me.

DCL reverted to his usual, James Rodriguez was piss-poor and together with Godfrey proved ineffective. If
things don't get better soon I can see us going to Soton...for their manager.
DCL reverted to use usual. He had absolutely no service. Don’t know what you expected from him.

The bedwetters and moaners need to pipe down - funny they have been silent all season.

It was never gonna be easy today, with sheamo and Richy massive misses, but we just needed to work hard and look after the ball to do damage today and we couldn't be bothered (James wasn't fully fit imo).

Our first 11 are sound, and we will give anyone a game, but how often will we have them all on the pitch together over the season?!

Not very often I would say and we Can't be relying on siggy, Delph, iwobbly to cover - they have let us down way too many times before.

The starting 11 is a conundrum for the prof to sort out before we play the horse punchers, that's for sure.

If I see that bleeding iceberg with the captain's armband ever again, I'll just jib the match off, he's a shambles of a footy player.

Put it this way, if I was a player I'd just go through the motions if he was my captain -he sets the example and that's what we saw today, lifeless garbage from him and the rest of the side. I didn't see any talking/cajoling/bossing from him, like always and he was back to his pointy best.

James, Keane or digne should be captains - not that fraud.
Problem is the strength of a squad will determine where we finish and we lack in areas

You lot love your own hype, had a curious look at your site this week, all I saw was “bang us four nil” all week. Saints are average.....

I don’t think the majority of us thought we would win by a comfortable margin, most I saw predicted a win by the odd goal and in that, you have to factor in the obvious bias.

You won today, go enjoy it rather than seeking out our forum, if we had won today I would not go and look for a saints forum to chat on. I can confidently say that it has never crossed my mind to go on another clubs forum pre or post match!

What did we expect? We let the media tear us a new one all week pretty much branding us a ditty team, not one ex player coming out in support for Pickford and then we politely rolled out the red carpet so they could do it even more and gain access to our players (Mina interview for Sky) which they used to add more spin to the story. We are far too nice of a club.
With Blue Chrimbo being just around the corner, I think Xmas Mina might be rolled out for quite a few media events. With his nickname being Xmas, I would expect that.
Too nice? ...we are too nice of a club? Well that accusation has been levelled at Blue Bill in the past (and I do think he is a bit teary too often), so it’s not something we haven’t heard before. But remember, Blue Chrimbo means lots of visits to orphanages, wet nursing homes, workhouses etc etc. we want to be seen as nice because it means so much to the poor and dispossessed who call those institutions ‘home’.

Status
Not open for further replies.