Match Thread Southampton v Everton (Sunday 25 October 14:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Difficult to pick a MotM today as everyone was pretty poor. Gordon was lively when he came on but I'm voting for Keane, he was OK when the rest of the defence was really poor.

can we appeal Digne red?
It hasn't changed the result. We never looked like getting back in it.

From one angle it looks horrific and you can understand why the ref gave a red. From a different angle though you can see that Digne had caught up with the lad and i think their feet touched which caused Digne to slip and lose his balance. You can actually see the change in Digne's momentum when it happened.

Having seen that side profile I actually do think Digne tripped/slipped and it was an accident. But I doubt a review panel would see it that way and he could end up with an extra match ban for wasting their time. Personally I don't think it's worth the risk.

Awful performance today, but we must accept that this will happen a bit this season.
We cannot miss too many key players and cover them, we are just not at that stage yet.

Learn from it and move on... Big chance for Nkounkou now.
Iwobi, awful
Bernard, ineffective in this league
Gordon, looked bright and tried to create at least.
Delph, possibly should be starting now, I thought he did well.
Keane and Mina held solid and Godfrey is not a full back but will be a very good centre half yet.

Disappointing, but learn from it and move forward.

Glad it was only 2-0 in the end...down to 9 men, hopefully James isn't badly injured....

I expected nothing from Sigurdsson, Iwobi and Bernard, and wasn't disappointed with them so....its no wonder we couldn't sell them in the summer...

Awful day....

James lack of defensive work combined with everton's lack of drive forward from CM will be exploited moving forward unless.

Perhaps need to put James at CAM with Richarlison and Bernard on either flanks. Docoure and Allan at CM with Docoure bombing forward.

With this formation, Delph in better suited than Sigurdsson alongside Docoure and Allan.

One of our CBs also need to come forward in attack once Docoure goes forward. Otherwise the gap is too much tracking back.

Big question marks now on Gomes, Sigurdsson and Iwobi in terms of their desire to make things happen.

Its a long arduous season where DCL's will get fatigued unless a suitable backup is signes. And even if our bench strength stink them we're in for a 7/8th finish best.

He does better than Iwobi.
Really at least Iwobi provided an outlet ......No player can be satisfied with their performances, particularly Deighn who was very poor defensively for both goals out of position, plus poor going forward......but any one of 11 it was a misunderstanding mash of a team selection Imo no pace in midfield.......

Sadly with no Richarlison in the team Calvert Lewin looked isolated again up front and struggled to make it happen. Has to be Gordon on the left next week to try and get closer to him. Shouldn’t be a red card, especially as Robertson got away with an identical one last week. We all knew that we couldn’t stay unbeaten all season and they played well so need to move on and respond well next week.

Absolute crap that. Not picking a man of the match because there wasn’t one other than Gordon looking bright but still not really doing much because there was no support.

Don’t think it was a red but can’t see them overturning it because you can’t prove he didn’t mean it, think he was just running tbh

Next game is season defining really. Have to bounce back with a win and it’ll be difficult without Richarlison, Digne and Coleman.

Status
Not open for further replies.