Match Thread Southampton v Everton (Sunday 25 October 14:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a genuine concern that levels seem to be dropping already. Liverpool and now Southampton looked so much quicker & fitter than us over 90 minutes. We still need a lot more energy in the side for me.

It is a genuine concern that levels seem to be dropping already. Liverpool and now Southampton looked so much quicker & fitter than us over 90 minutes. We still need a lot more energy in the side for me.

How many other teams in the PL play this high press style?

I know Leeds also plays a high energy style as well. Just trying to figure out what teams are gonna give us trouble

Why does that manager at S|Hampton hate us so much ? He said Pickford shouldn’t have been playing against them,should have had a red against the r/s, and yesterday came straight out and said defo a red card for Digne,wonder what rattled his chain.

How many other teams in the PL play this high press style?

I know Leeds also plays a high energy style as well. Just trying to figure out what teams are gonna give us trouble
As it stands, we're very much a team that is at it's best when teams drop a few yards and we're able to find a bit more space in midfield and play on the front-foot. As you say, high press teams that will hassle our back four and midfield will always counter us as our game is built on more measured build-up play. You stop our midfield from playing and it utterly strangles us.

At the very least, if we simply aren't going to match teams for energy, we need a solid plan B.

For the first time in four years didn't see the game. Got drunk and fell asleep with my little son. Replay shows me like few of our players should made the same. It would be better for them and for us.

Allan was MOTM, not because he played well but because he didnt stop running.

As soon as Digne got sent off (which was a joke!) we gave up. There was zero fight there at all, thats whats worrying. Our team appears to only "sing when they are winning".

Don Carlo also made a big mistake by making all three subs with Hameez obviously struggling. He literally strolled around the pitch holding his hamstring for 20 mins.

Who's gonna tell that Hasenhuttl that Klopp ain't gonna shag him?

Also needs to bin off them skin tight trackies the plum was wearing, he's about 50.

I think you protest a little too much, you fancy that tight bottomed little Austrian really.
Be proud young man.

It's the fact that some of last season's players were back yesterday and we didn't turn up. It's no surprise at all, but it's still very frustrating. If they don't want to bust a gut for Ancelotti and to keep up a good start, then they never will.
I agree with you, these players were gifted a great opportunity to be part of a re-build at Everton unfortunately they don’t seem to be ab or willing to partake. It is going to take a bit more time and money to rid ourselves from them, but we’ve started.

Status
Not open for further replies.