Match Thread Southampton v Everton (Sunday 25 October 14:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We were crap today

That wasn't a red for Digne and we should appeal it

Hard dose of reality that we're still a work in progress

Let's hope we can bounce back against Newcastle
Why on earth do you think it wasn't a red. He trod on the guys ankle...its a red every time. A bit like Son on Gomes which should have been red as well. If Richie had been available its obvious James would not have played, he was never fit. Godfrey has a lot to learn. Iwobi just not good enough. Not worried about left back our new signing will do well. Keane kept his dignity when others were losing their heads.. Southampton played well and we didn't...get over it its a learning curve.We are still top of the league and in the mix. Right back is the bid problem next week...Maybe three at the back unless Holgate or Kenny are fit. Certainly Bernard or Gordon instead of Iwobi. Delph was quietly effective when he came on...good squad player. The game might have been different if Siggys bar hitter had gone in.

Awful today, lack of urgency, DCL isolated and lack of service, team looked disjointed and obviously quality in depth isn’t there when injuries and suspensions occur. Southampton deserves to win.

The games gone, look to Newcastle now with the intention of playing much better and winning. It’s all they can do.

Good performance by them. Hard working. Good shape. Simple and effective with their passing. Impressive not to give us even a sniff In the second half

we were the opposite. Thoroughly deserved defeat. We were so lethargic. It looked asif half of them were absolutely wrecked

Awful performance today, but we must accept that this will happen a bit this season.
We cannot miss too many key players and cover them, we are just not at that stage yet.

Learn from it and move on... Big chance for Nkounkou now.
Iwobi, awful
Bernard, ineffective in this league
Gordon, looked bright and tried to create at least.
Delph, possibly should be starting now, I thought he did well.
Keane and Mina held solid and Godfrey is not a full back but will be a very good centre half yet.

Disappointing, but learn from it and move forward.
Easy to slag Iwobi but James was woeful today

Good performance by them. Hard working. Good shape. Simple and effective with their passing. Impressive not to give us even a sniff In the second half

we were the opposite. Thoroughly deserved defeat. We were so lethargic. It looked asif half of them were absolutely wrecked
Yeah fair play to Soton they did a number on us.

I feel Gordon starting that game was so obvious for the balance of the team. I know he's a young lad, but it's not like we'd need him to replicate what Richarlison does, just carry the ball directly and run in behind to help us pin them back a bit.

Also feel like I've seen enough of them all now to say he's better than Iwobi and Bernard. He needs protecting, I get it, but in two games time he can sit back on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.