Match Thread Southampton v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Southampton have employed a very very impressive manager who has achieved great results in a big European league and was wanted by Bayern Munich

he has already beaten Arsenal and got them playing a very nice brand of football.

no transition needed at Southampton.

we are 6 months in to Silvas 'free season ...

Correct and I do rate him , as I do Emery at Arsenal , whom had a great start only to go thru a dip in form , IMO same will happen at Southampton

Yep Lukaku scored two and Barkley finished it off. Kone first half of that season was somehow not too bad but shockingly a left wing combination of him, Naismith and Cleverley proved to be not good enough in the end.
I never understood why naismith got the grief he did. Hard working if not deadly under Moyes, he added a bit of link up play and goals under Martinez.

Don't get me wrong he's no Beardsley or Dalglish, but added to us.

Cleverly, kone, Alcatraz, that Latino defender whose weird name I can't recall, McCarthy tho... Christ did el fraud kin totally asset strip Everton.

i don’t disagree but I think our lion hearts can only go so far on the fuel of post-AGM fervour. Yes, we’ve all been massively uplifted and motivated by the remarks therein uttered, but, as Bob Dylan noted, the times, they are a-changing.
Chairman Kenwright (aka Blue Bill) gave a lovely speech at Anfield a few years back; but now’s the time for our lion hearts to draw the line in the sand.
We can only get by on the glories of AGM’s for so long...now is the hour when the meat-eaters ‘mongst us show their mettle...and tell the tofu nibbling man -boobed fifth columnists who’ve infiltrated our ranks to effing ‘do one’.

CYOB!!

Ings still injured? Austin suspended? Long who never scores will be on for a hat trick saturday. We'll win 4-3. Niasse with all 4.

My RS mate said that Austin asked the fa to let him play tonight and serve his suspension against us. He said a decision be made at 3 today. So fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.