Something we can be proud of - Everton in the Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stan Lee Park

Player Valuation: £20m
Just got back from the Christmas party in the Park End lounge for Pass on the Memories (Dementia & Alzheimer's support) and Stand Together (support for older isolated people).
One hundred and fifty and people sitting down to a Christmas dinner, live entertainment and numerous raffles, all supported by a few employees and a host of volunteers. Two ex players in attendance - Pat van den Hauwe, who is now working with both groups and John Bailey as well as wives of two former players (Tony McNamara and Tommy Clinton).
Amongst all the doom and gloom this week, it's great to see Everton making a real difference in the community and is something we should all be very proud of. Especially as one of a number of Reds there told me he thought Everton do far more work in the community than his own club.

Just got back from the Christmas party in the Park End lounge for Pass on the Memories (Dementia & Alzheimer's support) and Stand Together (support for older isolated people).
One hundred and fifty and people sitting down to a Christmas dinner, live entertainment and numerous raffles, all supported by a few employees and a host of volunteers. Two ex players in attendance - Pat van den Hauwe, who is now working with both groups and John Bailey as well as wives of two former players (Tony McNamara and Tommy Clinton).
Amongst all the doom and gloom this week, it's great to see Everton making a real difference in the community and is something we should all be very proud of. Especially as one of a number of Reds there told me he thought Everton do far more work in the community than his own club.

Fantastic stuff, glad you enjoyed it. EitC is superb.

Any luck in the raffle?

Everton is a brilliant club in many respects, but where it really matters on the pitch, we continually disappoint and fail.

I'm really pleased and proud that we do so much for our local community, but all of the rest of the country see's, is us getting done over, for the 5,000 time by our 'lovable' neighbours.

Last edited:

Everton is a brilliant club in many respects, but where it really matters on the pitch, we continually disappoint and fail.

I'm really pleased and proud that we do so much for our local community, but all off the rest of the country see's is us getting done over, for the 5,000 time by our 'lovable' neighbours.

Some things are more important than football. Where it REALLY matters we have NO rivals......and good habits grow. Let's hope we can start to get some momentum on the footballing front

I'm really pleased and proud that we do so much for our local community, but all of the rest of the country see's, is us getting done over, for the 5,000 time by our 'lovable' neighbours.
Happy Christmas mate.

We are World Leaders in community relations, not just UK leaders. We set the bar high and consistently vault over it....EITC is a massive credit to Everton. Our approach to all things sensitive or community related, whomever else is involved, is always proactive and on the numbers.
I don't get how we can be so good at this, and so abysmal at the business comms side of the club. Both are essentially public relations, yet we are so rubbish at the latter.

Sorry to bring fume to this nice thread, at least we're good at something!

I don't get how we can be so good at this, and so abysmal at the business comms side of the club. Both are essentially public relations, yet we are so rubbish at the latter.

Sorry to bring fume to this nice thread, at least we're good at something!

....I might have this wrong but probably because the Board don't run it. It is a fantastic provision in the true tradition of our great old club.

What EitC do is far more valuable to the community than what 22 millionaires can do chasing a ball for 90 minutes on the pitch. However, the football side of things still has a massive responsibility and needs to do its part. The more successful the club, the better it is for EitC. Football success also brings a sense of pride and positive vibe to a community. A new stadium will add to that. EitC is a very special, highly regarded organization, so it's only fitting that the football side should live up to that and pay back to the community in its own way. EitC makes us proud, now EFC needs to step up and do the same!

What EitC do is far more valuable to the community than what 22 millionaires can do chasing a ball for 90 minutes on the pitch. However, the football side of things still has a massive responsibility and needs to do its part. The more successful the club, the better it is for EitC. Football success also brings a sense of pride and positive vibe to a community. A new stadium will add to that. EitC is a very special, highly regarded organization, so it's only fitting that the football side should live up to that and pay back to the community in its own way. EitC makes us proud, now EFC needs to step up and do the same!
Spot on there Captain.
The mood was a little subdued to begin with today but it soon picked up speed. A win on Monday night would hve made it an even better day though.

Can't deny how good EITC is, it looks like it excels far beyond what any other club does. It is something to be proud of I think.

Send a video of it to the PGMO. One day we might get a bit of sympathy and not the ubiquitous (and unnecessary) second yellow cards - as opposed to the blind eyes turned on an unprovoked punching of an opponent a couple of games before the Derby - or maybe perhaps the same additional time added on as other teams when opponents score deep into injury time and there's a massive delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.