Some of our proudest records could all go this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnjoeefc

Player Valuation: £20m
So the potential is there that we could lose our record of being an ever present in the Premier league.

We could lose our 70+ year consecutive top flight status.

If we take a while to get promoted again our record of team who has played the most top flight seasons in England could come under threat.

If City win the league they will go joint on 9 league titles with us as the 4th most successful domestic team In English history.

And to cap it all off Haaland could potentially break Dixie Dean's unbreakable goalscoring record.

Everton that

S2JcsJ.gif

So the potential is there that we could lose our record of being an ever present in the Premier league.

If we take a while to get promoted again our record of team who has played the most top flight seasons in England could come under threat.

If City win the league they will go joint on 9 league titles with us as the 4th most successful domestic team In English history.

And to cap it all off Haaland could potentially break Dixie Dean's unbreakable goalscoring record.

Everton that
I've been thinking along the same lines.

With Man City, sadly it's only a question of time. I can remember when they were up & down the divisions like a yo yo. Soon we'll be in their shadow.

Painful days

I don't want to go down so I guess that those records mean something but I don't care about the others. To be honest, I feel like our history has become a millstone around our necks. It's led to complacency as we keep referring back to how we're historically a big club whilst we've ignored the fact that we've been getting smaller by the year. It's been 4 decades since we won a league title. 3 since we won anything. Those aren't the 'records' of a big club.

If losing records makes us focus on the present and plan for the future I'm all for losing them. Except being in the top flight, obviously.

As much as these records sound great. They mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. The only thing that counts is winning trophy’s.
And recent trophies at that. My 10 year niece isn't in the playground showing off to her mates about winning the league 2 centuries ago or an fa cup more than 100 years before she was born. We've spent too much time looking backwards and nowhere near enough time looking forwards.

Everton that
As good as he is, there's very little chance of Haaland breaking Dean's record.

35 goals in 31 games is a million miles from 60 in 39 games, or even 42 games.

It's great being the 4th most successful club in English football history, but being the 5th is hardly the end of the world.

Also, we would have to be down in the lower leagues for a good while for Arsenal or Liverpool to catch our 119 seasons in the top division.

What matters this season is avoiding the disaster of relegation to simply preserve our club's very existence.

History is important but what we don't want is to become a footnote in history. And relegation would do that. We simply cannot afford to go down.

None of them really matter..... We've been an irrelevance to the game for such a long time.

I'm quite annoyed at all the Haaland talk. He's incredible.... But Dean's 63 club goals came in 42 games. Every pundit out there is asking the 'will he/won't he' completely ignoring the 12 additional CL games as well as 4 additional FA cup games.

It shouldn't bother me, but it does.

History is the one thing the newly monied clubs can't buy or take away from us - so it IS important.

However we're doing our level best to make it less relevant and less impressive.

What a way to start a day reading this. 😔

Mad. No ground in world football has seen more top flight football than Goodison. Now we're going to let it see Championship football for it's last season.

Everton that
Dixie Dean didn't get to play the League Cup and 13 games in the Champions League. If Haaland can score over 50 league goals he'd be approaching Dixie Dean levels

Status
Not open for further replies.