Some help making a decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prevenger17

Great turn of pace, an eye for goal...
I'm turning 30 in April but my girlfriend tried to get me an early birthday present by getting me tickets to see the Liverpool match. Unfortunately, though she says she had a promising source, those tickets unsurprisingly fell through.

We can reschedule our flights leaving me with the dilemma of what match I want to go see and when? The next home matches in February are Leicester and Young Boys, both of which I'd like to see. Then there's only Newcastle in March. Man United are on the day of my birthday in April, but I imagine it would be pretty unlikely that I would get my hands on tickets? What do I do?

Nah but in all seriousness, United sounds like the best option if you reckon you could get a ticket.

But Young Boys would be a good alternative. A european game under the floodlights at Goodison.

That's what I'm thinking at the moment. But since posting this, I've received some encouraging signs that Man United may not be a pipe dream.

I'm turning 30 in April but my girlfriend tried to get me an early birthday present by getting me tickets to see the Liverpool match. Unfortunately, though she says she had a promising source, those tickets unsurprisingly fell through.

We can reschedule our flights leaving me with the dilemma of what match I want to go see and when? The next home matches in February are Leicester and Young Boys, both of which I'd like to see. Then there's only Newcastle in March. Man United are on the day of my birthday in April, but I imagine it would be pretty unlikely that I would get my hands on tickets? What do I do?

Go for the Utd game.

EFC release a ticket bulletin every day which details when tickets go on sale for each upcoming game.

Make sure you are online and ready at the exact time that the Utd tickets go on General Sale and get i am pretty confident you'll get them.

Alternatively and a safer bet, go to the Young Boys game mate. Goodison under the lights!

Maybe @GrandOldTeam might have a connection at the club who may be able to manage a couple of tickets for the derby for a valued site member?

Might even be worth checking out Stub Hub as well?

From what I've been able to gather, it's a near impossibility, isn't it? I remember Groucho saying he was only able to get tickets to 3 in his life or something. I said as much to my girlfriend last year when she was probing the idea in advance.

From what I've been able to gather, it's a near impossibility, isn't it? I remember Groucho saying he was only able to get tickets to 3 in his life or something. I said as much to my girlfriend last year when she was probing the idea in advance.

This season may be more difficult than normal given the amount of season tickets sold but normally you can pick up a few.

Not sure if Groucho is local or not though so that could be a problem.

If you can't and want a certain game like Utd, join Evertonia (think its about £15) members get offered tickets before they go on general sale. There was plenty available for the derby this way the other week I was told.

There are Derby tickets for sale on Stubhub but the cheapest is £100, average is about £150.

I've not used it to be honest but I know a few who have and paid face value, although I'm not sure what games they where having said that.

It's a poor state of affairs when blues are ripping of other blues like this though.

Lay a Wreath.

I've not used it to be honest but I know a few who have and paid face value, although I'm not sure what games they where having said that.

It's a poor state of affairs when blues are ripping of other blues like this though.

there are some for sale for over a grand ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.