Social Media FanBase

Status
Not open for further replies.
The amount of blues on a match day or even through the week bringing negativity amongest us all on social media is growing.
I go onto Facebook and Twitter and the amount of abuse people give each other is frankly embarrassing.
I'm glad social media wasn't around in the Walter Smith times.
I understand the unrest from most fans, especially those younger fans like myself who have never seen the club win a trophy.

Do you see a real issue with blues on social media?
Its no worse than here

1547513125151.jpeg

Love it

I think the most interesting thing about Social Media is that at the time of it's birth - depression and suicide were at stable levels, even beginning to decline.

Since that time, suicide and mental health issues have been increasing year on year.

It's helped to achieve some great things, but I actually feel like it's done more harm than good.

The scary thing is what comes next. With the advancement of V:R and A:R, and wearable tech - we're most likely looking at a Social Media world that you can actually access via a headset. Time spent "inside" and time spent generating data, for various companies to "learn" from - gets longer.

For football, it'll be affected by whatever and whichever direction Social Media goes - it won't be exempt from it and that includes our fan base.

Social media gives people anonymity which makes them think they can say what they want. Best just to block them if they get on your nerves.

Status
Not open for further replies.