So you're now in charge. What would you do for the remaining games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would insist on a four year contract, start my new job. And then realise that this club isn’t going anywhere and that we’re jinxed. I would lose the 1st few games, the fans would turn against me until the board had no other option. I would be the shortest term manager we’ve ever had. I’d take my pay off and go and live in Spain with the proceeds for the rest of my life. That or the pressure of managing us long term?

Appoint a manager til the end of the season and tell him he only has a chance of getting the job on a permanent basis on a lucrative contract if he's able to get us 8th minimum and agrees to sell at least half of the current squad should he get the job. If the money is right, a decent manager (I don't know who, but that's not my job) currently out of work will love to join us. Newcaslte got Champions League-winning Rafael, so why can't we get a proven winner?
What like Pellegrini maybe o_O

Pickford
Kenny
Keane
Mina
Digne

Davies Silva McCarthy

Lookman DCL Richarlison

Subs: Walcott, Gana, Baines, Jags etc Bernard, Zouma

I'd try to make it a 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 flexible line up. Tell young players the places is theirs if they start to win.
Look for a proper back up goalkeeper, senior striker, and monitor Vlasic, Onyekeru and see if they can really come back? Check on Dowell

Plan for next season's squad to be above
minus Tosun, Walcott

stop them n0bhead players coming out every single Monday blaggin theyre all gutted about our form and they are backing silva

less talking more training, blurts

Pickford
Kenny
Keane
Mina
Digne

Davies Silva McCarthy

Lookman DCL Richarlison

Subs: Walcott, Gana, Baines, Jags etc Bernard, Zouma

I'd try to make it a 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 flexible line up. Tell young players the places is theirs if they start to win.
Look for a proper back up goalkeeper, senior striker, and monitor Vlasic, Onyekeru and see if they can really come back? Check on Dowell

Plan for next season's squad to be above
minus Tosun, Walcott
Tell me more about that midfield please sir.

Tell me more about that midfield please sir.

I always write Silva instead of Gomes. My idea was Davies and McCarthy cover scrap and defend like it's a relegation battle ...'Like' its a relegation battle...and Silva is a bit more forward thinking. But one of Davis or McCarthy supports

Get rid of zonal marking and play the same team for 5 games in a row! Pickford, Kenny, Zouma, Keane, Digne, Davies, Gomes, Bernard, Lookman, Richarlison and DCL. The front 4 might change positions within the 5 games, but I would keep the players the same. We seem to offer little threat too often, slow predictable build up often breaks down. I believe these players could offer more threat if they get a run of playing together, but it always seems to change. My only possible change would be Gana for Davies, as he offers more protection. However I believe Davies could sit alongside Andre and offer enough protection, but with better quality on the ball. Barring injuries or suspensions I would not change the team for 5 games, I think this is the only way we will improve. I would probably get the sack!

I would take a long holiday in Lourdes. Praying for the best is imho (apart from sacking Silva right now) the only thing you can do . Not to optimistic it will work. We will see us in the championship next season!

You might see yourself in the Championship but not Everton. Good idea about Lourdes though, it might give Richarlison a new character/attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.