So you're now in charge. What would you do for the remaining games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Street end man

Player Valuation: £35m
The board sack Silva tomorrow and then think outside the box.

They say we're not spending any more this season on unproven rubbish. The fans seem to have a lot to say so let one of them put up or shut up. Let's have a raffle and the winner takes the team through to May (I'd be in the draw by the waylol)

So you've won. What now?

I'd tell them they've hit rock bottom so there's nowhere to go but up. Mentally they're weak since the derby so they need to be told it's gone, the season is dead, so let's play with a bit of freedom.

I'd drop Sigurdsson. I'd play Gana as one defensive mid and give Gomes licence to stay in the middle and pick out runners and Davies licence to get forward and join the attack from deep. Keep shape when not in possession but don't be afraid to make runs when in possession.

Tell DCL his job is to take the ball in and lay off, then get in the box for the return. Back to basics - including in defence where I'd tell them the men they're marking and responsible for on set pieces. Tell Pickford to come for anything aimed in and around the six yard box.

Stop hitting long goal kicks to the flanks and instead aim for the striker. Gradually shift the ball to wide areas when you've worked a two on one opportunity. Play at a quicker tempo overall.

Basically don't be afraid to use a bit of creative licence and make a mistake. Slow rigid passing through fear is getting you no points and booed anyway so what's to be feared from being brave instead?

The board sack Silva tomorrow and then think outside the box.

They say we're not spending any more this season on unproven rubbish. The fans seem to have a lot to say so let one of them put up or shut up. Let's have a raffle and the winner takes the team through to May (I'd be in the draw by the waylol)

So you've won. What now?
Panic

Status
Not open for further replies.