So if we do up sticks......

Status
Not open for further replies.

ste d' indica

Idleness is fatal only to the mediocre
I know, I know, we'll believe in the new ground when we're all stood in it, but....

If we do move, and as long as its not a bowl (please god, not a bowl!!!), we have a new ground with 2 new stands and 2 new ends, we'll need ourselves some evocative new names. Was chatting with a mate about this yesterday coming back from Southampton (we were done with the post mortem by this point).

We came up with a few ideas,

The "Dixie Dean" (Or maybe the "William Ralph Dean") End was almost a given.
The "Kendall" was also floated, or maybe he could be honoured along with Ball and Harvey with a "Trinity" Stand. That led us to think about whether we should have a "no persons" rule, given that we don't have any stands now named after club heroes.
We felt that a "Goodison" stand would be really appropriate, but that a "New Gwladys" might be a bit overly sentimental.

So what do you reckon folks? Should Sir John Moores be honoured? What about Catterick?
Serious or crazy suggestions welcome!! What stand would you wanna' buy your ST for?

The Tesco stadium.
Kenwright End
Every Little helps Stand
Bag for Life End
The Tesco cheap range Stand

It's already been decided

I think we should name them all after crap players for a laugh!

The Earl Barrett stand- all the seats are always out of position

The David Unsworth End- all the seats are twice as wide

The Marko van pembo pen - you're only allowed in if you're under 5ft 2'

The alex nyarko lounge - for those who like to watch the game in comfort without moving a muscle

The Denis Straqualursi stand - No turnstiles, you just run through the wall

And perhaps the greatest of them all................

The Scott Gemmill enclosure - You turn up every week but no ones got a clue who you are

I think we should name them all after crap players for a laugh!

The Earl Barrett stand- all the seats are always out of position

The David Unsworth End- all the seats are twice as wide

The Marko van pembo pen - you're only allowed in if you're under 5ft 2'

The alex nyarko lounge - for those who like to watch the game in comfort without moving a muscle

The Denis Straqualursi stand - No turnstiles, you just run through the wall

And perhaps the greatest of them all................

The Scott Gemmill enclosure - You turn up every week but no ones got a clue who you are

Quality!

Status
Not open for further replies.