Sitting in the home end (away games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sat just behind the dugouts at Stoke once. No violence occurred but the final score was 0-0 and even then it got quite tetchy towards the end. I think it would have been different had they lost.

But in all fairness to them, it was me who was getting wound up, and I should have kept my trap shut but I was actually mouthing off a bit; a combination of expressing my dissatisfaction at Everton's poor performance, and giving more than one cheeky retort when they were ****ging off scousers.

Just wondering whether you have had many experiences of sitting in the home end at away games? Guess it differs at every game - had an awful time down White Hart Lane many moons ago.

Same here......I was at WHL in the home eNd and sat very quietly until Mikael Madar put us in front and I atarted cheering.

A bloke threatened to "knife" me.

The stewards made me leave at half time.

lol

Done it quite a few times. I find holding onto the seat when we get close to scoring is a good way of stopping myself leaping about.

One of my last away games before leaving for warmer shores was Villa away with a mate. Sat in the stand directly opposite the away section. No dramas from the stewards or home fans even when I took off my hoody and had my EFC top on. There were lots of empties that day and what did happen was other Blues around started moving and joining us until about 10 of us were all in a wee away section of our own. Good times. Shame we were gash that day and lost 2-0.

I imagine thousands of Evertonians have their own stories about going on the Kop for derbies when it was still standing - brilliant banter and atmosphere.
Have cheered us on at Forest amongst their fans (no problems) though at Watford (Watford, FFS) in 1999 I got a bit excited about Rhino netting a last minute penalty and took one to the back of head. Lesson learned! One of my mates has Brum cousins and went in the Holte End every year between 1990 and 2000. I think we lost almost every game, he got loads of abuse.

Turning the tables, I remember it being very common to see away supporters in the Main Stand when I went there with my dad as a lad, even when there plenty of tickets available in the old Park End. Arsenal supporters were always in force and always seemed to be the most knowledgeable, Chelsea fans without a doubt the most brash and that was when they were rubbish! One year there was a Manc sitting next to me who got very excited whenever Mark Hughes went near the ball "Goh on Sparkey, go on". After half an hour of this there was a collective shout of "Go on Sparkey" from the Toffees around me just as he got the ball. The Manc lad had a little knowing grin on his face but said nothing for the rest of the match.

Lid, go by our end for ten or 15 mins before KO and shout any spares and you'll get one. It's f*cking horrible sitting in the home end listening to other sides ****e songs and slating our players that wouldn't piss on their ****ty dump grounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.