Homepage Update: Silva Linings

Status
Not open for further replies.

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £80m

The Derby came at the right time for Everton. Expectations have been slowly reduced through an underwhelming series of results allied to a longer term malaise that has set in around the derby. For Everton the game presented an opportunity where they had everything to gain and very little to lose. The contrast to our neighbours appeared pronounced in both the lead up to the game and the subsequent reaction to it afterwards

Full article: https://www.grandoldteam.com/2019/03/06/silva-linings/

hmmm. Not for me.

Two alright results, one not even a win, don’t make up for the 3-4 months of what we had to put up with.

Let’s just hope the signs from the last two games are just that, good signs.

A loss on a Saturday and those Silva linings go back to looking like Brown linings again.

(Poop).

View attachment 55342

The Derby came at the right time for Everton. Expectations have been slowly reduced through an underwhelming series of results allied to a longer term malaise that has set in around the derby. For Everton the game presented an opportunity where they had everything to gain and very little to lose. The contrast to our neighbours appeared pronounced in both the lead up to the game and the subsequent reaction to it afterwards

Full article: https://www.grandoldteam.com/2019/03/06/silva-linings/

I agree with almost everything.

The only 2 items im stuck on are;

A -- Is lookman considered a mid-long term player for us still as if so why isnt he getting more games ahead of walcott?

B -- Was Schneiderlin good? I thought he was very poor on sunday but on the flip side the team has 4pts with him in the side for the last 2 games where weve done very well.

I wonder if its just the tactical shape and not particularly Schneiderlin which has helped us...

For the Centre forward and right winger comments, id like to see Bernard DCL and Richarlison as the attacking 3 for the next few games with lookman coming off the bench. Of course of course we also need the CF and RF you mention.

However i feel we also need 2 CMs (possibly 3) along with a RB and a CB.

Interestingly, i think its a given that we bring in 2 attack minded players this summer. What im most interested in will be where we put the focus next.

Will we heavily strengthen midfield or will be solidify the defence?

Theres so much to do and Brands will need to play a blinder...

hmmm. Not for me.

Two alright results, one not even a win, don’t make up for the 3-4 months of what we had to put up with.

A loss on a Saturday and those Silva linings go back to looking like Brown linings again.

(Poop).
I agree mate, I am generally an optimistic little flower, but the tricky blues have made me paranoid about getting optimistic, as I am starting to consider it tantamount to putting the mockers on them, so often have my high spirits led to a punishing defeat!

I agree with almost everything.

The only 2 items im stuck on are;

A -- Is lookman considered a mid-long term player for us still as if so why isnt he getting more games ahead of walcott?

B -- Was Schneiderlin good? I thought he was very poor on sunday but on the flip side the team has 4pts with him in the side for the last 2 games where weve done very well.

I wonder if its just the tactical shape and not particularly Schneiderlin which has helped us...

For the Centre forward and right winger comments, id like to see Bernard DCL and Richarlison as the attacking 3 for the next few games with lookman coming off the bench. Of course of course we also need the CF and RF you mention.

However i feel we also need 2 CMs (possibly 3) along with a RB and a CB.

Interestingly, i think its a given that we bring in 2 attack minded players this summer. What im most interested in will be where we put the focus next.

Will we heavily strengthen midfield or will be solidify the defence?

Theres so much to do and Brands will need to play a blinder...
I don’t
It’s a difficult time. I’m trying to be positive but it’s hard!
that probably describes quite eloquently what all but the most deluded rednecks must be feeling right now :)

hmmm. Not for me.

(Poop).

Im defo leaning on giving him more time currently.

Im really easily pleased.

But I think its more my raging desire not to have to rip everything up and start again, again, im really bored with that.

Im defo leaning on giving him more time currently.

Im really easily pleased.

But I think its more my raging desire not to have to rip everything up and start again, again, im really bored with that.

I’m somewhere in the middle. And it’s Everton’s fault. I’d like to think that the last two games are a turning point and it will all be fine.

But that doesn’t sound like the Everton we all know does it?

I’m somewhere in the middle. And it’s Everton’s fault. I’d like to think that the last two games are a turning point and it will all be fine.

But that doesn’t sound like the Everton we all know does it?

That is most defo not The Evs.

We are very fickle fans tho, just last week I was debating whether I would even allow him to clear his desk if we lost the derby and im sure when that Alimiron or whatever his name is slots the 5th on Saturday I will be checking how Vitor is doing in China again.

Thought he showed more desire dropped rich and gomes which was a big move and first time seen him show abit of passion on the touchline strong end to the season would hopefully get him more support

Let’s be honest we were pretty turgid against Cardiff and weren’t that good against the scum. We were fortunate that Cardiff are horrendous and Liverpool probably played as poorly as they have all season. Yeah ok I would accept that our energy and pressing contributed to that. But I can’t get excited about us. We created nothing at home against a Liverpool team that didn’t turn up. Fully expect a defeat at the weekend. Newcastle need it more so we will naturally phone it in.

Some actual victories against the formidable teams would be nice
After an uncharacteristic battling shift we put in on Sunday any sort of defeat against the barcodes this Saturday and GOT will slip back into default mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.