Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool haven't signed anyone
Spurs haven't signed anyone
Utd haven't signed anyone
Newcastle haven't signed anyone
Arsenal haven't signed anyone

Its been a quite window, Players do not want to move clubs half way through a season in a world cup year, There has barley been any activity anywhere in the division

Chill out ffs

...when summer comes around it'll all be forgotten about...as the ownwrs of this club know very well. I bet many have forgotten what happened in the last summer window when we generated a surplus of 10M. There's not a murmur over that now...5 months later. Martinez should have had that surplus from September + the cash in for Jelavic...and that's leaving aside the extra 15-20M extra tv money the club is now getting.

They've obviously been saving all of this money up for years so that they can pull a Man City and propel us to the top of the league. Am I the only one who gets this?

In all seriousness, what do you expect people to do about it? Grab the pitchforks and torches? :p

Let's say McGeady and Traore (loan) sign in. Jelavic and Heitinga leave. Technically we have not improved the squad in number. Surely we cannot rely on Osman in case Barry or McCarthy is injured. We need another CM without a doubt.

...when summer comes around it'll all be forgotten about...as the ownwrs of this club know very well. I bet many have forgotten what happened in the last summer window when we generated a surplus of 10M. There's not a murmur over that now...5 months later. Martinez should have had that surplus from September + the cash in for Jelavic...and that's leaving aside the extra 15-20M extra tv money the club is now getting.

I agree. We'll be fed the usual 'operating costs' line, I'm sure.

It's no secret, we are lining the pockets of the major shareholders.

Liverpool haven't signed anyone
Spurs haven't signed anyone
Utd haven't signed anyone
Newcastle haven't signed anyone
Arsenal haven't signed anyone

Its been a quite window, Players do not want to move clubs half way through a season in a world cup year, There has barley been any activity anywhere in the division

Chill out ffs

Yeh everyone needs to chill, wheat were you really expecting.

It's going to be one almighty wake-up call in the summer and next season when we are without Traore, Deulofeu, Lukaku and potentially Barry. Doesn't really bear thinking about. This talk of Osman being phased out will be temporary until end of season, where he'll be thrust straight back into a key role next year. Devvo'd.

Let's say McGeady and Traore (loan) sign in. Jelavic and Heitinga leave. Technically we have not improved the squad in number. Surely we cannot rely on Osman in case Barry or McCarthy is injured. We need another CM without a doubt.

Do you think Martinez does not see that?

He can only sign players if they are willing to come and the team is willing to sell

Nobody on here as any idea of who Martinez has tried to sign this window

Do you think Martinez does not see that?

He can only sign players if they are willing to come and the team is willing to sell

Nobody on here as any idea of who Martinez has tried to sign this window

This is right, it's not easy signing players in January when teams and players might not want to leave half way through the season, I can guarantee martinez will be trying his best to get the right players in but won't want to panic buy and get the wrong player in.

It's going to be one almighty wake-up call in the summer and next season when we are without Traore, Deulofeu, Lukaku and potentially Barry. Doesn't really bear thinking about. This talk of Osman being phased out will be temporary until end of season, where he'll be thrust straight back into a key role next year. Devvo'd.

Traore hasn't even signed yet ffs so how could we miss a player we have never seen play, Del has hardly played mostly coming of the bench and Barry looks very likely to sign in the summer

So that would leave finding a replacement for Lukaku which I am sure Martinez is working on

Do you think the manger of this club is not working on getting players in this summer ffs

IM DEVVO'D ME LADS DAT MARTTINZ IS KILLING DIS CLUB WITH HIS LOAN SIGNINGS AND CRAP BROWN SHEOS

I'm not worried the Liverpool, arsenal, spurs, Newcastle haven't been busy.. The have better squad depth than us.. I'm still concerned re: strike force/midfield.

Traore hasn't even signed yet ffs so how could we miss a player we have never seen play, Del has hardly played mostly coming of the bench and Barry looks very likely to sign in the summer

So that would leave finding a replacement for Lukaku which I am sure Martinez is working on

Do you think the manger of this club is not working on getting players in this summer ffs

IM DEVVO'D ME LADS DAT MARTTINZ IS KILLING DIS CLUB WITH HIS LOAN SIGNINGS AND CRAP BROWN SHEOS
Alright la.

End of comment.

I'm not worried the Liverpool, arsenal, spurs, Newcastle haven't been busy.. The have better squad depth than us.. I'm still concerned re: strike force/midfield.

I'm not worried but it shows the lack of activity in the league

Do you honestly think Newcastle/Liverpool/Utd/Arsenal are not looking at bringing in players

When the loans go back, how many of the squad are people actually satisfied with? Satisfied meaning you're happy for them to start and don't groan when you see them on the bench.

Howard, Joel, Coleman, Stones, Alcaraz, Distin, Jagielka, Baines, Oviedo, Gibson, Barry, McCarthy, Mirallas, McGeady, Pienaar, Barkley, Kone.

Based on that, we need a centre mid, winger, attacking mid, two strikers, and a centre back. Then we've got the depth for top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.